Battery pack, not a nimh or w/e

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smurfola212

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I was just thinkin, I'm gunna be usin the reg battery pack that uses AA's. I'm gonna be running my buggy for like 4 hours a week. I was playin around with my servos, so I popped out a battery to fake my batteries goin out. The servo stayed in the position it was in before the batteries went out. I'm afraid my buggy will go strait into the street or a tree or somthin. So how often should I change the batteries in the pack? Or is there a way to make the servo center when it loses power. I might need to invest in a fail safe...:angry:

-Smurf

If you loose power, a throttle return spring will help.

A failsafe will help if you loose radio singal somehow, like your TX batts getting low or the RX crystal popping out.

If you have a voltmater, you can check the pack voltage occasionally to see when they need replacing.

so, if I lose power a throttle spring will pull the throttle linkage back no matter what?

Will it?

Link to a throttle return spring?

You can usually tell when the batts are going dead. The steering gets sluggish. When this happens, change the batteries. The only time I have ever seen a car run out of control due to batteries is when his battery unplugged itself.

I use an Ofna mini failsafe and it will cut the throttle control as soon as voltage dips below 4.8V

If you do put a throttle return spring you have to take 2 things into consideration.
1) Make sure that your spring has enough strength to pull the throttle closed.
2) Make sure the throttle servo has enough tourque to overcome the spring without killing your batteries quickly.

I find that I get about 4-5 tanks run through my buggy on a set of 4 AA and about 7-8 tanks on my onroad before the batteries start to concern me.

Hijack!!!! :stickup:

Whats the part number on that pack Chris? Can they be recharged using a normal NiCd or NiMh Sub-C cell charger?

Team Orion's all new Marathon 1200 receiver battery packs feature an impressive 1200 mAh capacity with optimum configurations for the most popular nitro cars on the market today. All Marathon 1200 receiver battery packs are assembled with the latest edition nickel metal hydride cells and are fitted with a universal connector sprouting industry leading 20-gauge wire.

Receiver Packs / 1200 mah Marathon Packs
12215 Standard Hump
12216 1/8 On-Road stick
12217 1/8 Off-Road hump
12218 Team Losi XXX-NT
12219 Associated RC10GT/Kyosho GP-10
12220 Associated w/RTR plug

How long does it take to go thru 1 tank on a buggy?? 0_o; I'm just gettin rechargable batteries and MJIME is hookin me up with a custom throttle spring...he calls it the..RUBBER BAND! lol. I might just get that one you linked christian. I can't wait to buy my on-road tires for my buggy.

-Smurfola

?_? Anyone kno how long it takes to go thru a tank......

Well I've just been breaking mine in so I'm not WOT for too long but I'm good for about 15-20 min

15-20 min :OMG:

I get about 6-7 min a tank when racing.

I would have to agree. A tank of gas only gets me about 6-7 min run time. .21 engines in these buggies are just fuel guzzlers. 4-5 tanks of gas is almost a day at the track (racing). Change them everyday before you race you're good to go.

Back