Center diff for Revo 3.3

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vetteklr

RCTalk Talkaholic
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I have been running this thing for the last couple of days and I gotta say I'm not a fan. I feel like i lose so much power "to the ground" thru this thing. My front tires just spin for days.

I did go with the Close Ratio 2nd Gearhttp://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXHGF6 and the 40 tooth spur gear, so this thing is rippin now. I went back to just the straight thru FOC set up I was running. I have my suspension set up to where wheelies arent a problem. What exactly would i gain for day to day playing/bashing with the Center Diff/Rear brakes? I'm actually considering building a whole different transmission. One for racing and one for bashing. I can see the gains on the track for sure.

/discuss

I honestly can't think of any "gains" a center diff provides for bashing. I always figured it to be a race setup option part.

I'm actually considering setting up a whole different transmission just for playing/bashing and one for racing. It makes sense since just swapping the trans is easier than constantly switching gears/installing center diff.

I have been running this thing for the last couple of days and I gotta say I'm not a fan. I feel like i lose so much power "to the ground" thru this thing. My front tires just spin for days.

I did go with the Close Ratio 2nd Gearhttp://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXHGF6 and the 40 tooth spur gear, so this thing is rippin now. I went back to just the straight thru FOC set up I was running. I have my suspension set up to where wheelies arent a problem. What exactly would i gain for day to day playing/bashing with the Center Diff/Rear brakes? I'm actually considering building a whole different transmission. One for racing and one for bashing. I can see the gains on the track for sure.

/discuss

Did you just put the diff in as it came, or did you change the fluid?

It comes stock w/ 100k weight, 99% of people pop them apart and put 500k weight silicone in. Makes a huuuuuge difference. No more front wheel spinning issues.

Front to rear brake bias is a cool thing to play with no matter what you do w/ your truck.

If you get these diffs set up just right they are amazing. They let you hamme the trigger and the front tires just barely leave the ground. This sweet spot can he hard to find though. If you have a.close to stock truck though 500k from traxxas will hit the sweet spot. I'm about to try racers edge diff lock in mine. Its even heavier than 500k

Sent from my X10a

If you put 500k in the center diff, is that what you should put in the front and rear diff?

Yes I was running it in the stock form, which i was aware had the 100k oil in it. I thought I had ordered thicker oil as well, buttttt apparently I ordered 50k and not 500k. So go me! Lol!

Back