.21 engine life

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobH

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I rescently found out that most engine will only last for 2-3 gallons of nitro. I think the site I was looking at was talking about small blocks.

My .21 engine seems to guzzle the fuel (compared to my small blocks). I could see myself hitting 2 gallons in just a couple of months.

How long do .21 engines last? How many gallons of gas before I'm in the market for a new conrod / sleave and piston or even a new mill?

I'm just looking for a ballpark figure.

engine life could be 2-3 tanks to 10 gallons. It all depends on maintainence and driving habbits. I take my engine apart and clean it about every gallon gallon and a half. I have 3 gallons easy on my GS Storm stock .21 and it has not loss of compression. I suspect I will get about 3 more gallons before I have to change the con-rod but we will see. All I got to say is dont beleive the hype bro.

I think its time to change my sig its making me sick now :puke: :jet:

puke is broken

Last edited:
you must have JUST changed it cause I swear 10 min ago I was about to barf at the sight of OQ.

What all do you do in the cleaning process? Take the back plate and head off, take the piston con-rod and sleave out. Or do you break it down, take the flywheel off, take the crank out. I assume you wash it all with denatured alcohol and then put it back together with loctite and that coper sealant stuff?

My .21 is over 2 years old and its got about 4 gallons in it.. It runs better now than it ever did before but I also changed nitro % during those 2 years. I also took it apart often cleaning it out and just anything that it needed... thats the only reason its still working because I beat that motor up.