Just bought my first truggy :) want advice

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swarmjt

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Just got my first truggy :) a brand new in the box CEN matrix truggy. does anybody have one of these.. i saw one at my local track and they looked great. if you have one.. what parts should i keep handy? also.. anybody got any truggy tips?:second_place::second_place::yes:

Well, I do not have a CEN, but an 8giht-T. I just went through a clutch bearing after about 2 gallons of fuel, might want to keep one of those handy. If you like to bash (who doesn't) and get big air, you might want the upgrades shock towers (unless your's comes with the race ones, I bought the RTR version) Mine are bending slightly. Other than that I have had throttle servo issues, might want to keep extra servos handy. But it takes a beating and keeps on going! I love it.

Get ahold of Gene Hickerson or Andrew Smolnik, they are Team CEN and the only ones I have seen stay together or run competitively. One guy that runs at out club has one and I have never seen him finish a day racing. He keeps trying with it but none of us have been able to get a setup out of it or figure out why it breaks.

any other advice? what is the most common thng u guys break on truggys?

A-Arms and capture pins.....Clutch bearings usually last a gallon.....spare glow plugs....diff rebuild kit, clutch shoes, springs and fuel tank seals should be a basic pit box of stuff

Yup, clutch bearings. I just went through my first set after 2 gallons on my 8T. Not bad considering you guys say 1 gallon. How long do clutch shoes last?

Shoes depend on material. And brand!