.21 engine back plate/recoil

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pee wee

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I see a 1/16 or so gap between the engine and the back plate .The recoil is tite up against the back plate is this the way it should be or did the back plate come loose from the engine? Could you look at yours to see if this is ok? Thanks for your time!

If you mean the pull start case is away from the engine, then this is not normal and you need to tighten down the screws.

If you mean the actual back plate, that is also bad. There should be not gaps of anykind with the back plate area. It should all be nice and flush.

there is also a spring loaded pin in there if it gets away from you aka missing, you go tto pull engine apart, thats what makes the pull start work, and will ruin the engine if it bounces around.. have i seen well heard it happen.. YES..

If the backplate is away from the engine,couldn't he have blown a gasket ??I think he should make sure the gasket is in one piece still...

The back plate WAS loose! Cleaned and tightened everthing back up .Back in action! Started first pull! Thanks for your time!!

Happy to help. The other fellows make some good points. Next time you have it apart, you might want to check the gasket. Bad gasket means leaky engine, leaky engine in that area means slippery one way, which in turn could lead to non functioning one way.

Regardless, glad to hear that things are running for you.

Back