great vigor??anyone heard of...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ace crashalot

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i have a chance to buy a Great Vigor, Warrior. it's an off road fwd buggy, 21 os, i'd like to find out what people know about them, i know nothing, new to rc cars and i can't seem to find any info about great vigor on the web.

any help would be appreciated.
ace c

does it have pullstart on it? if not your gonna have to buy a starter box

I've never heard of it, who makes it? Do you have a link to one maybe?

great vigor

great vigor, that's the brand name. 4wd not front wheel drive, sorry. no it doesn't have pull start, but i have a starter and flight box, i fly rc planes. i've started it, but i was afraid of it! basically because i didn't know how to set up low idle or brake/throtle linkage. i was afraid i wouldn't get it to stop. sure loud though!!! i like it.

the thing is i don't want to buy it if i can't get parts for it. i'm sure that rc cars are much the same as rc planes in that spare parts are more than a luxury.

any o9ther info about the buggy or parts would be great,

A Warrior? Cool!

I have a Great Vigor Warrior. It is one crazy machine. Currently I
am looking for a few front end parts. Do you know of anyone that
may be able to help me out. I have also been having a very difficult
time locating this machine on the web. It's almost like they don't exist...
Anywhoo, drop me a line man. Take it easy.

-Bud

wow man, i am sry to say, but before u bought the car, u should have looked around, never heard of the buggy u currently own. it is going to be impossible for u to find parts too. how much did u pay??

Doesn't sound like he bought it yet. If you can't find info readily available then the parts won't be either.

Assume its the 1/8 scale GV buggy?
Most people will know it as the XTM X-Terminator so look up info/parts on it. Its the same buggy just XTM sell it as their own buggy.

EDIT: if you visit the 1/8 buggy page in my sig its got heaps of info and vids about the buggy..

Last edited:
Oh my gosh! I have two old Great Vigor models. They are 1/8 scale buggys. One has a roll cage and is called the Hunter, and the other has a buggy body and is called the Tornado. A local hobby shop here in Brentwood, Tennessee was the importer of these monsters back in the late 80's. They are .21 powered, and when I bought them a 4 wheel drive chassis was $200, the 2 wheel drive chassis was $150. 2 wheel drive was a joke. I had to set throttle linkages up on 2 wheel drive models to where they only got about half throttle or they would be totally uncontrolable.

Where did you get your GV model? I've only ever saw a handful of hobbyshops around the country carry their lines. I saw a hobbyshop in NYC recently selling a monster truck version of my old GV models but they wouldn't even sell me parts unless I had originally bought my car from them. Crazy............

That's different from my buggy model, but then, mine's an antique. hey, ace crashalot, post a pic for us

Yeah this is the current model they are selling. They keep improving it and is very cheap !
Bang for buck its prolly the one to get.

GV is also making a 1/6 scale buggy comes with 4.6HP engnie.

Thanks for all the feed back. I have the 1/8 scale GV Warrior. It's 4 wheel drive and has got tons of power. I am having trouble finding parts though. Basically I am prepared to replace trashed/broken parts with updated available parts and modify as required. I am still in the market for a Warrior or equivalent though, please keep me in mind. I can't wait to get back on the track....

Bud senz

By the way, the GV Rex-x 1/8 buggy (XTM X-Terminator) is not a Warrior. Close, but no cigar.