HELP glow plug help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T-MAXX WINNING

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hey last night i went and bout the mutant cooling head put it on and everything and i got a .8 glow plug and i put the cooling head on and put the glow plug in but the blue wire on the easy start wont latch on the tip of the glow plug because the tip of the glow plug is to big what do i do.... or is it the glow plug HELP.....thanx.

You answered your own question. "The tip of the glow plug is too big". You pretty much have three options:

---You can try to open up the connector on the blue EZ start wire so it will fit the glow plug

---Use a glow plug starter

---You can unfortunately, take that glow plug out & use a different glow plug

What brand of plug is it?

i drilled a hole in the conecter to make it bigger, just dont twis what your drilling or th wire will break.

Try a pair of needle nosed pliars instead of drilling. It only needs to be opened a little.

the hobby guy told me to un twist the little wire on the end of the easy start and i tryed to do the and it was way to hard to twist i got some cuts tryin to do it i guess ill get a new glo plug with a skinny pointed end but i forgot what the brand is but does any of you know whats a good glo plug that last longer or is just plain better or do you think all of them are the same

Yeah, definitely don't try drilling it. Some needle nosed pliers work like a champ.

I run either the McCoy-9 or the McCoy-59. Both plugs have been good to me, so I will stay with them.

However, I don't have the EZ-start on my Maxx so I don't know if the blue wire will attach to those plugs. I use the Hot Bodies Jump Start.

Just unplug the blue wire & take it with you into your LHS to make sure the glow plug will fit it.

Originally posted by T-MAXX WINNING
the hobby guy told me to un twist the little wire on the end of the easy start and i tryed to do the and it was way to hard to twist i got some cuts tryin to do it i guess ill get a new glo plug with a skinny pointed end but i forgot what the brand is but does any of you know whats a good glo plug that last longer or is just plain better or do you think all of them are the same
Try needle nosed pliars first.

hey digital you got a link to them glow plugs

yup thats what kinda glow plug i need. hey wdavidhicks does that connect to your easy start. because i might get that it will save me alot of trouble.and would it be at my local hobby store.

Originally posted by Digital Liquid
Yeah, definitely don't try drilling it.

i dont see whats wrong wih drilling it. i dunno what kind of wire your using but that was the only way for me. and the skinny plugs work with it now too. but w/e, i just dont under stand how your using needle nose to do that

Originally posted by T-MAXX WINNING
hey wdavidhicks does that connect to your easy start.

It would with a little solder. The one I bought I got from Hobbytown USA and I don't have any idea what the part number was. It had the bullet connector though, where the one that I linked does not.

can you send me a link to which one you got.

Originally posted by wdavidhicks
The one I bought I got from Hobbytown USA and I don't have any idea what the part number was.

uhhh.... no...

Here's what it looks like:

lead.jpg

aight and that can connect to your e-z start where the blue wire was and how much will that cost

damn thats alot of money just kiddin but I'm goin to get that

Back