Savage 25 vs. Savage X

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Life in the fast lane

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I'm sure this has been asked before but i couldnt find it on the website. what are the performance differences in the savage 25 and the savage x?

Life in the fast lane said:
I'm sure this has been asked before but i couldnt find it on the website. what are the performance differences in the savage 25 and the savage x?

Savage x is suppose to handle better due to the center of gravity being lower. The radio box is way easier to get into, It come's with a new engine the K4.1 .

The savage 25, is claimed not to handle as well,The battery box is a pain in the ass to get in and out of(i own one). And it's center of gravity is pretty high but it's got awesome clearance.

Beside's those thing's I've menchioned,I'm not real sure there's a differnce

The X has a lower CG and it is easier to maintain the radio box, transmission, and diffs. The X also comes with better wheels and tires.

The X is the newer design, and will be easier to find parts for in time as they become more and more common to bashers. In a year or so, the parts for the older design are not going to be stocked as well as the newer design.

Not to say the old design is a bad one, just dated.