hyper .21 engine

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timmypiratert

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hi everyone. I'm new and very glad that I've joined such a helpfull looking community, I'm currently in a bit of a pickle, i am sick and tired of pullstarts and was wondering if anybody knew if its possible to get a roto start backplate for a hyper .21 engine, have been trying to find out for a while but am hopeless and am getting evermore aggitated. cheers :arrr:

I dont think they are available for the .21. I personally like the pull start on mine, because it always starts in about 2-3 pulls.

its cold in england

i dont mind the pull start but its sooooo cold here in england, especially with the snow at the minute and my fingers get to the point where i can't feel the pullstart let alone pull it.

i also really like the idea of just being able to put the roto in there give it a spin and get going

What vehicle are you running it in? If its in a buggy get a starter box.

hobao/ofna

I'm running a hobao or as everyone else but england calls em, an Ofna pirate 10 rt (race truck). its very similar to the hyper 7 buggy but has larger wheels and is much more robust. it is often refered to as a truggy as its a truck on a buggy chassis.

Get yourslef a starter box, then if you ever upgrade your mill to a non pullstart mill you won't have any problems. Roto starts are about $35 us and you can get a descent starter box for $50 us. Well worth it and all you have to do is press down. Just my .02.

dont want to sound like an absolute retard but what is a starter box? i have been finding it hard to find parts in the u.k and dont really want to have to import from overseas. i will if i have to but i'd much rather buy closer to home as it takes hardly any time to arrive and i find it easier. you americans seem so lucky. i look on american rc supply sites and your guys ebay all the time and you have so much choice its unbelievable. you have things i never seen before.

ill check that out. thanks for helping, glad someone knows what they are on about lol

sullivan makes a tiger drive for it if you have a hyper 8 port.You have to use a drill to start it.There's one at acehardwarehobbies.com.

thanks a million. i was giving up hope. the only thing i could find was what vbgagnon had suggested, which was the starter box, but they are so big and my car is kept at my mates so i dont have to lug it from place to place, so you can guess that i dont want to have to lug a starter box about. i hate playing on my own so i only ever drive when theres someone else to drive with. i have just stripped and rebuilt the car as i busted the front diff and i had a tiny stone stuck in the spur gear.