Head screws tightness

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xmodrelic

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I've been reading through and was taking the advice of checking screw tightness when i came to the head screws. Now the truck has only been started once but I never started the break-in. Half the head screws were kinda loose, and by loose i mean it was fairly easy to turn them. so I snugged them down but 2 of the screw will not stop. I stop turning it after about 1 full turn because I was afraid of striping them.

what do you guy think?

If they were that loose to begin with you want to make sure they are actually in the block.

Try removing the loose screws then putting them back in. This will allow you to feel them catch as they thread into the block.

Another thing you can do is remove the head completely then check to see if the screws thread down into the block and stop.

You may just have snugged the first ones down enough to snug the head. Now the last two are taking a few more turns then the first.

M

will do

dam I hate being a newbie, my fault I was just striping the screws for the top plastic cover. I should have looked at the manual before posting....thank anyway