unwanted guests

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMaxxin

SLAP YA MAMA
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
As I was moving a few things around in my garage I found these two beauties hiding in a corner. I killed one and the other got away....The one in the first pic is dead, the other one is now wanted!

BW.gif

spider2.gif

Gotta love Louisiana. Guests drop in all the time.

Man , I have to always check my daughter's outside toys. One morning I was cleaning my back patio and found six of them, three were on her fold up chair, I was able to kill all of them but I see more all the time.

just wait the snakes are about to come out and play also.

just wait the snakes are about to come out and play also.

Already out up here in Bossier, I walked past one while I was looking for my Rustler's air filter that I lost the other day.

I hate friggin spiders! I picked up a back of mulch and a black widow was about 2 inches from my hand. I had gloves on but it still suprised me. My neighbors are probably still laughing because I droped the 50 pound bag and proceeded to stomp the spider into the driveway with much intensity! LOL Last summer I was redoing the pipe around the track in the back yard. I moved one of the ends to get it lined up with another and a black widow fell out of the pipe on near my hand. Again... much stomping! Then last year I had one in my basement... my finished basement mind you.... I was going down to grab a nice cold adult beverage out of the fridge... there she was curled up in a corner under one of the bar stools and the wall. I was bare foot so I go to grab something to smash her into oblivion.... well she was smarter than I and ran underneath the fridge underneath the bar before I could wack her with my shoe.... I checked for two weeks trying to find her and then one evening... there she was...... got her that time!! Black widows can freakin move too! Run like they have nikes on! LOL I can deal with snakes.... spiders just freak me the f out!! LOL

If I'm somewhere other than home spiders and snakes don't bother me but when I'm at home I can't stand either and like Tom I will kill them with much intensity LOL

I droped the 50 pound bag and proceeded to stomp the spider into the driveway with much intensity!

I would very much like to see a video of this!!!

Ewwwy!! I hate spiders as well!! Poisonous or not I can't live in one room together with them. This one was out while I was rock crawling one evening, scared me to death and made my friend dry heave himself because he hates them too!
P1060723.jpg

Spiders are cool:)

I kept widows as pets (if you can call them that) for a while a few years back.
Widows will eat anything that gets caught in their web, even a large lizard is no match if it gets stuck.
Widow.gif

Widow and Large Wolf Spider… No contest.
th_WidowandWolfspider.gif

I HATE spiders. They are getting creepier all the time too it seems.

I had a girlfriend a number of years ago that had a pet tarantula. It was kind of freaky when it crawled on me but it wasn't too bad. I can't stand poisonous spiders, though. I crush brown recluse spiders into oblivion when I find them!

Here in central ga we have a bad brown recluce problem! I am 6 ft 300 l s and not scared of anything. But spiders!!!! They terrify me because most of the time you never see them till they are on you or in your face and one bite from a recluce can kill a animal or small child!

Here in central ga we have a bad brown recluce problem! I am 6 ft 300 l s and not scared of anything. But spiders!!!! They terrify me because most of the time you never see them till they are on you or in your face and one bite from a recluce can kill a animal or small child!

They along with Hobo spiders have been really thick here too the last couple years. Nothing to mess around with thats for sure. Id rather see a ratler that one of them.

And that banana spider is horrible!

That banana spider is cool looking , guessing it is not poisonous since someone is holding it, it would freak my wife out for sure, lol...

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

That banana spider is cool looking , guessing it is not poisonous since someone is holding it, it would freak my wife out for sure, lol...

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

Actually they are poisonous if you look his hand is behind the spider while its on its web... the worst thing about them is if you hit their web they tend to jump on you.. :whhooo:

We have plenty of banana spiders here too, while they have poison it's not near as bad as a black widow or brown recluse.

True its nothing like a widow or recluse, but its hurts like a SoB. Its more along the lines of a wasp sting when it comes to the venom.

There are 2 types of banana spiders, the Brazilian and the common North American Florida banana spider like in the pic.
The Brazilian is brown colored, very toxic and will attack.
The Florida type banana is timid and only slightly toxic to some individuals.
I have hunted in the swamps of South Florida and literally seen thousands of banana spider webs in the morning covered in dew in the grassy fields and had many palm sized spiders crawling on me after walking into the fields at daybreak and was never bitten.

I had no idea there was a version of this spider with an attitude problem. I've only been bitten once and that was because I had only been here about 6 months, and never seen one before. It jumped on me and I freaked out, so it bit me. Hey snook I'm'm around the Gainesville/Alachua Area, north of Ocala. Where did you hunt at?

Back