Released, Robitronic Mantis Truggy!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Robitronic is proud to announce the release of the Mantis RTR 1/8th scale racing truggy. The Mantis truggy was designed to meet the needs of all levels from beginner to racer. The Mantis truggy was made to be ultra durable on the track, easy to handle and maintain. Features like floating gearboxes, a sealed center gearbox, all the suspension and tuning options you will ever need, and a powerful Axial 4.6 big block help set this truggy apart from the rest of the pack. Use of new materials and intelligent design ensure that the Mantis Truggy is built to last and capable of competing on the track. Mantis – the new name in 1/8th scale off road.

READ MORE

-Michael

olds97_lss said:
Who is mantis? It looks a lot like the hellfire without all the purple.

Mantis is the name of the truggy, just like hellfire is the name of a truggy. Mantis is made by Robitronic which Axial is the US reseller.

-Michael

It does look just like the hellfire I hope that it is better than the hellfire

Last edited:
In person it looked pretty strong. But I hear the servo's are crudy.

The engine is ROAR legal, thats a plus. Too bad no reverse setup in the tranny. If they want the beginners to enjoy the experience, they should have the ability to back away from the wall they just ran into.
There is a review in this months R/C Nitro Extreme mag. It was positive as well. We'll see how well the after market hop-ups are.

Any further reviews on this from mantis owners here? There some great initial hype and things just died off.

I almost bought one when i was lookin into another revo. But just as I went to get one some guy cam into the shop with one and it had a striped throttle servo. He said it was his 2 one and he was going to try something diffirent this time. Other wise it looks pretty sick in person.

Bryson

A throttle servo? Damn, how was he driving it? I just went and got one yesterday from Custom Street Toyz in Hayward. They carry a good deal of parts for it and Manny was very positive. He sells about two a month and there have been no real bad feedback from the owners.

I have blown 2 motors I hate My MANTIS worst 500 bux i ever spent!!

Man I love mine! Selling tmaxx and a lx comp to get another truggy.
100_0302.JPG

timberline,

Nice looking truggy, how's the engine holding up? I've heard some pretty good stuff about Axial engines.

-Michael

thanks, it is running great. I started out with a mc-8 and it just wouldnt dial in, so I put a mc-9, and omg, that thing woke up!! I ran about 1/2 gallon in it two Fridays ago. Enjoyed every minute of it..

couple of pics of mine:

LosiKillerMantisProject002.jpg

jammin buggy center diff direct drop just needs work to get mesh proper...still workin on that

PMTL001.jpg

front captured hinge pin mod is well worth it and simple

PMTL002.jpg

rear captured hinge pin mod

PMTL007.jpg

ninja?
PMTL008.jpg

picco?

i'll post more pics once i get through workin on her

What center diff is that? Diff not robitronic....

I picked a used mantis and have been running if for a while had to rebuild the motor bad air leak from the front bearing my question is what diff fluids should I run I'm using 3k front 10k center and 7k in the rear but it just does not get alot of front bite when I'm cornering using 50wt rear shock fluid and 70 in the front and help would be appreciated.Thanks