Bought a new Digital camera

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pirata

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
About 6 months ago when there was the threat of deployment and a great many of my brothers in arms locally and abroad did deploy I decided to buy a digital video camera. I was browsing through the new Dell Catalog and decided that since times were changing from tape to pure digital I had better buy a pure digital camera. I found one that looked too good to be true and it even offered a memory card as an option. I bought the camera and 2 memory cards that were offered as an option.

Upon arrival I found that this digital video camera was in fact a digital mini dv camera. The memory cards did not even work anywhere on this particular camera. Anyway with delpoyment looming on me I realized that time was not a luxury that I was in great supply of so I did a little damage control: I bought a few dozen mini dv tapes and prepared for deployment.

As the days grew longer and my roommate came down on orders to deploy and I pretty much forgot about the memory cards that I had meant to return for a refund and just started using the video camera I bought. I didn't like the picture option that it offered as I discovered it took a 5 second period of tape for a pic and I would have to manually extract the digital pics from the camera.

After taking my trip out to the west coast I found that I used over 75 floppy disks during the trip of just pics from the trip and mission. With my upcoming trip to Panama and the royal pain in the butt it was to download all the digital pics onto my buddies laptop while we were out there (I ran out of floppy disks and had to reuse the current disks I bought). Upon my return I now had to transfer all the 3000+ pics on my buddies laptop to my computer so I could burn them onto floppy.

While this was not an impossible task it still seemed like a pain in the butt. I came across those memory cards earlier this evening and went to Comp USA to see what digital cameras they had that would take those cards, cheap. I came across a Casio EXS2 which was a whole league better than my previous digital camera. The price was under $200 as well as the offered a MOOK PROOF warranty where I can get my camera repaired or replaced no matter what.

Mack truck uses it for parking lessons, it's covered. Forgot it was in my pocket and I went scuba diving, it's covered. Got my jeep stuck and reached into my pocket and it falls into a mud puddle, it's covered. Plus the great side of this is since the high tech industry literally changes each day the chances of this camera being on the market for more than a year or two is almost slim to none so if that happend I get a replacement camera that's a step higher than the previous camera I had. It's almost too good to be true.

I'll quit rambling now.

You keep spending all this money on new toys...it's a wonder that any is left for your trip.

Are we still on for this weekend? Where do we play? Sunday is best for me. Let me know (either PM or AIM).

I saved up a pretty much 2 entire months worth of base pay and BAH for the trip. All bills, including rent, are paid until Sept 1st and I still have about 2 grand to play around with on my trip.

Either or will work for me. Sunday seems like it'll be the best for me. Bash and pack sounds like a full schedule but I can hang. John'll probably like Sunday too, though he may be having some serious withdrawls by then. I tolds him I tweaked his T-Maxx to make sure it was running great a few days ago, which I did, and this'll be sure to get him into the mood to need to rebuild the entire thing as a result so we'll have a few days to play with before he feels his T is up to par.

For the record, if anything gets broken this weekend I'm either mooching off of you, John or doing without, gotta save for the trip.

LOL...is Mikayla taken care of? If so, we could bash down here, but I think you might be better off closer to home.

Mooch...you mooch off of us? Because you have to save for the trip? You crack me up...

I know. I think I have a sitter here that'll do it, but I also like the idea of staying local so I can get home a little earlier to finish packing. I really want Makayla to stay with me my last night but I also don't want to let her see me pack because the reality of Papi leaving. However, I may have her help Papi pack, might be easier on her knowing everything, which she knows I am leaving but I overheard her talking to Grandma tonight that I was going to see my GF in Panama and she (Makayla) was going to be with her mother. This is all true but the way Makayla said it almost sounded final, like she thought I was leaving for good. I have a Papi/Birdie talk a little later setting the record straight that I was not going to gone as long as I had been when I went to Washington.

I'll see if I can get John to recon some areas near Useless for this weekends bash that would be suitable since he'll be off until I catch my flight on Monday.

Back