So, now I'm addicted to crawling too.... :P

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RColdschoolrc

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Pretty much the same week that I broke into nitro power(HPI Savage 25 w/Mach 28), I also got hooked on crawling after I used a friend's Axial Wraith and SCX-10 JK.
So, yesterday I found myself a great deal(traded for some stock Jeep parts) on an Axial SCX-10 Trail Honcho with a '60s to early'70s Ford Bronco body on it.
It's (ugly)red and black, and it's set up for a crawling newb.
It has an Axial 27 turn brushed motor, a Traxxas XL-5 ESC, LED head/running/tail lights, and alloy control arms.
I had to provide my own radio(HPI/Futaba from the Savage) and I have to use my 3300mah NiMH packs for now, since I just upgraded to NiMH from NiCd after 30 years..... :p
I used a partly charged battery pack in it today and got about 45 min of run time out of it with the LEDs running the whole time.

I am going to save up and buy myself a couple of 2.4Ghz radios for the Savage and SCX-10 in the near future.

I haven't decided if I want to buy the JK Wrangler body, or the Jeep Cherokee body for it, but it will definitely be sporting a Jeep body(I really wish someone made a ZJ body so I can make a 1/10th scale clone of my ZJ).

I'll post some pics tomorrow if the sun shines!
My phone only takes good pics in direct sunlight....:hehe:

Welcome to the addiction. The SCX-10 is a great platform. Mine started out as a 70s Bronco and turned into this money pit:

Before:

DSC000071.jpg

After:

20140703_202949_zps4k9vc0zg.jpg

And lit up:

20140715_222219_zps75z8hnod.jpg

Awesome rig!!
I can see I'm going to have as much fun with this as I do with my
Jeeps.
Yes, I said JeepS... 2 lifted ZJs, a lifted YJ, and an XJ.

My project is a tribute to my 2007 JK Sahara that I had to sell a few years back that I missed.

Another Jeep fan, awesome! I owned two 1:1 Yjs, I love em. Unfortunately my only Jeeps at the moment are RCs, thanks to a divorce, and I am lucky to still have those, lol. Anyway, welcome to RCNT and the addiction!

Well, here's a couple of crappy pics to give you an idea.
Apologies for the poor quality...:(
IMG_20140729_180951_zpsnrpzsl9q.jpg

IMG_20140729_181016_zpsh3dw2lrw.jpg

Back