My newest build, in progress

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my rear bumper mount and the body yesterday, I really like this body. Got it together and decided to take the tires off of my Losi LST and see how they looked on here because I havnt decided on what tires I want yet. I decided these look pretty good on this truck, might have to order another set for it. I guess I am about to head to Spokane, a 180 mile trip one way, to go to a hobby shop and see if I can't get the right brake discs so I can at least start breaking this in tomorrow. That is the only part I don't like about living in this part of Idaho, there are no good hobby shops for almost 200 miles, that is why I have to order everything and sometimes end up with the wrong parts.
I would like to get the motor broke in before my pipe arrives.

Here is how it is looking now.
IMG_0169_zps00550562.jpg

IMG_0171_zpsc829cdb7.jpg

IMG_0172_zps46d94c49.jpg

IMG_0173_zpsbb45ce5d.jpg

IMG_0174_zps25b4fb0c.jpg

Last edited:
Lmao!!!
IF I parted with it, I'd make sure you didn't know. :hehe:

aww dont be like that lol, i dont think you will ever part with it

its a beautiful rig i wouldn't run it, i would be religiously cleaning it

i do want the alloy gear box looks sweet probably the final thing i want to get for my truck that and a wheelie bar.

OP i just noticed it looks like you got the older style gearbox you might want to get the newer style one,

you don't need to remove it from the truck to access the 2/3 speed gears to adjust them

you just remove 7 screws ( 4 from the roll bar and 3 from the top of the box ) and the top pops off you can take the gears out that way works out much easier to adjust a 3 speed transmission

OP i just noticed it looks like you got the older style gearbox you might want to get the newer style one,

Yeah, you are right, you spotted it, that tranny is the only part I didn't buy new, it was a two speed tranny that came out of my Savage 25. I bought a new 3 speed for the Savage 25 awhile back and still had this one, it already had the reverse mod so I put the 3 speed conversion in it and decide to go ahead and use it because it was in really great shape and saved me a few dollars. I will have to do what you told me though, thanks!

I added reverse and the 3 speed in my trans case. Also added the taller 3rd gear and those fiber brake pads. As I recall, I got the alloy case as soon as I found it for under $200. I think it was 90 something. It was the only one available at the time. The new case wasn't out yet.

Elwood, that lid is beautiful and those tires really do it justice. If I were you I'd run with a beater body and just use the Chevy for display. You sure don't want to trash it.

Speaking of wheelie bars....

sav7.jpg

Yeah Rolex, that is what I was thinking, I got a older body to run on, definitely don't want to hurt this one. Wheelie bars is something I forgot to order as well, who makes a good set?

Looks good so far, I only see one problem, but my mother always told me if you can't say somethin nice, then dont say anything at all :D

---
Unfortunatly Integy makes a pretty solid wheelie bar, Traxxas does as well.

i have to second the integy wheelie bar. the only integy part i will ever own

I was looking at it and my XL 5.9 last night when I decided to order a set of 5.9 axles for it, they are wider axles, like extended axles from the factory. I figured that it would improve the looks as well as the handleing if I set the tires out a bit, like they did on the XL 5.9.

IMG_0177_zps74806a51.jpg

Right now these wide tires set pretty close to the body.

Last edited:
Looks good so far, I only see one problem, but my mother always told me if you can't say somethin nice, then dont say anything at all :D

---
Unfortunatly Integy makes a pretty solid wheelie bar, Traxxas does as well.

Thanks, I went ahead and ordered the Integy wheelie bar.

Last edited:
I got my grab bar and brake parts yesterday. I ordered the wheelie bar, a new set of these Losi Claw tires and rims, the extended 5.9 axles, and a new servo for my reverse. I had a extra servo I used in this truck but Sunday while I was out running my other trucks, I had my throttle servo go out on my Savage 25 so I pull it out of my new truck and use it in my 25. It will be ready to run this weekend, just wish my pipe was here. I have emailed and asked Robin what was going on with it, I never got a confirmation after I sent the payment and yet to hear anything from him. I am sure it is alright though, he did tell me when I ordered it that it was a busy time of year for him.

I also ordered me a brand new Traxxas Jato 3.3 to play with while I was ordering things, those things look like they are pretty fun.

Last edited:
Yea I never got much by way of confirmation from robin either. My advice, call him. He wasn't even getting my email I sent to him as he said he email was down. I called him, got an eta, and it was right on the money.

Yea I never got much by way of confirmation from robin either. My advice, call him. He wasn't even getting my email I sent to him as he said he email was down. I called him, got an eta, and it was right on the money.

I might have to do that after work today.

Its going to be a good day, I just found out that my ERCM pipe is on the way!!!

My axles, fuel filter, reverse servo, and my Wheelie bar will be here today. Only parts I am still waiting on is my new tires and rims, should be here tomorrow, and my pipe, Robin said it was on the way. New pictures coming soon.

Its now pretty much done other than my pipe that I am waiting on. Last night I installed my reverse servo, fuel & air filter, wheelie bar, and the XL axels. Those wider axels from the XL 5.9 really made a difference, the truck now sits the way it is supposed to. Tomorrow I will start the break in process.

IMG_0186_zpsd969b405.jpg

IMG_0187_zpsd2028d3e.jpg

IMG_0189_zps145485da.jpg

IMG_0190_zps426486c0.jpg

Now if my new tires and pipe would hurry up and get here, I would be really happy. I got to get these tires back on my Losi.

Last edited:
That's a great looking truck, I dig the stance. well done man!

Thanks! I got to run 5.5 tanks thru it this weekend. Almost broke in, took my time, watched the temp gun and never got it over 200 degrees for the first 5 tanks. It is running sweet!! I can tell it is going to have some good power. Still waiting on the pipe though.

Still waiting for my pipe. I got a hold of Robin and inquired about it. He sent me this email.

Frank, my apologies as I screwed up big here. I had two orders for frank come through but yours wasn't processed out of the pending file. I do have a polished pipe that would fit your order and I can ship it today if polished is fine with you, or I can have a raw one shipped out tomorrow. Let me know and I will get on it ASAP, and once again I'm very sorry for this mistake.

Super nice guy, he is sending me the polished one.

that is nice of him, most places would say you're SOL

Back