Nitro or Electric? Which gets you more run time foe the money?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How much derp could a herpa derpa derp, if a derpa herpa could derp herp?

Say it fast. I dare you.

I tried, now have a tongue sprain!:p::hehe:

Yup, for brutal power & speed you can't touch BL/Lipo with a nitro or a gasser, but screechy electric's give me a head ache, and I'm a gear head, so Give Me The NITRO!

Last edited:
@jesse, main thing to consider when choosing a car is location and terrain you'll be running your car primarily, not so much which is most economical.
If you're thick in the suburbs like me, nitro may not be the best option unless you have a remote location you can go to.
My nitros are pretty loud even with stock exhaust, and I can hear the sound reflect off the surrounding houses and buildings. So That means the people in those surrounding houses and buildings can hear me too.
You don't want to piss your neighbors off, it's bad for you, bad for them, bad for the hobby.
I think I do need to realize that just because I love sat morn nitro runs up and down the sidewalk at 7a.m., that the sweet older couple next door my not agree... Very good advice NitroTrout. Really instead of trying to drag race an Evader, I should just get the Traxxas NHRA. I am gathering that lipo my be better for my area anyhow... Now can you help me break it to the wife, I mean it's good for all of us! LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Back