Lexan body reinforcement... Ideas?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaxxDawg75

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hello again everyone. So I ordered a new stock body. If you all are like me, seriously tearing up everything, then you all should have some body reinforcement ideas.
My LHS say different things. One is gorilla tape. Which, if you don't mind taking the time to cut and trim and cut and trim some more, then this is a great idea. I have done this with my Stampede as well as my T-Maxx. Both bodies were badly in disrepair.
They also say that a can of flex seal is another way to go. Spray on, let it dry/cure, and away ya go...
My thing with the tape on the nitro, it didn't stick where there was any fuel or exhaust. No matter what I cleaned it with, no gorilla could hold on!
So c'mon all you RC enthusiast, what is a good way to make my 30 bux last another say, 4-6 months?

Stick the tape on before you run it the first time.
The flex seal is good too, & cheap.

There's nothing I can recommend AFTER you've run the body. If the body is clean you can use the spray cargo liner for truck beds or fiberglass tape and Shoo Goo.

Think I'm going to use the tape first. Sealing it up with some clear finger nail polish. Using that to seal the tape ends, and around the edges. Then top it off with a little bit of flex seal. Just a light coating...
I'm rough on a body. Can you tell?

Best thing you can do is get away from the stock bodies and go with a thicker lexan body such as proline.

Whenever I google lexan bodies, body stiffeners always come up, maybe you could try something like that.

There's nothing I can recommend AFTER you've run the body. If the body is clean you can use the spray cargo liner for truck beds or fiberglass tape and Shoo Goo.

Best thing you can do is get away from the stock bodies and go with a thicker lexan body such as proline.

Yep, what these guys said.

Only thing I can add, would be if in a pinch, check out some of the legit reputable Ebay chop shops. Many factory pre painted Traxxas MT bodies can be had brand new for less than $20+shipping.

I've been watching the truck bed liner use on youtube and it looks like a pretty good idea. I've been using ShooGoo and fiberglass drywall tape but only after cracks. It looks like maybe the spray bed liner would make it stronger and help prevent breaks from forming.

Last edited:
Also looks like it could hold the heat in a little too much IMO.

Alpine, that's my worry about the spray liner and/or the flex seal. I don't need no more heat than what's already present. The 3.3 gets warm enough, don't make me design a waster cooled engine lol
Thinking of using the gorilla tape, the foam body softeners, and maybe the rpm body savers.
Thing about shoe goo, I would make a huge mess. My OCD would kick in overdrive and the mess would bother me. The fiberglass tape does make sense. Going to look into that more.

Like i said.... Get a proline body. Will last 4 times longer than a stocker for not much more $, plus you get to paint it as you like.

Back