jato 3.3 tricks

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jose.28

the friendly guy
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So i got this jato 3.3 and i want it for off road bashing and jumping.
I need ideas! Such as tires gears engine alloy upgrade and what not.
I'm also looking to check out what you have done on yours!
Pics wanted lol. Thanks!

RPM arms and bumper, Proline Badlands, and a upper chassis brace. The weakest point, IMO, are the two little tabs on the front of the upper chassis.

Last edited:
Tabs? Is there a way you can post a pic of these tabs?

If you look at where the upper chassis attaches to the front bulk, you'll see the two little "tabs".

dont be ON POWER when landing. and get a SJT39DG $38.88*
Carbon Dual Steel Wave Brake Jt, from hot racing. i think

I'm actually having breaking issues. Well the breaks suck! Can you post pics?

like i said breaking can be caused of the way the truck is being driven. i am NOT a racing expert. the racing expert are the guys you need to talk to. the local race track is the place to find them. ALLSO this forum is a great place to learn from the experts. and a RC magazine is a good place learn driving skills . and replacing some parts that break a lot with better parts. it seams the parts on the front break a lot. check out RPM control arms.

http://www.hot-racing.com/index.cgi?partnumber=SJT39DG;c=180

Pics are there. You can see the longer brake hub and two disks. I did a hack on mine and run two disks... now the tires lockup whenver I see fit.

I upgraded the little brake arm to alloy, which also gives you more consistent braking by removing the flex of the plastic arm. I replaced the spring on the throttle wire with a bit of fuel tubing as well. Fuel tubing gives more more solid pressure than a spring, but still has some give to it.

Ah, I made one of those, or one like it. not quite as pretty as there's, but haven't busted on of those ears off in the couple years since I installed it. I made one for the front too, new era probably has one.

New Era doesn't have poop anymore. Been waiting for that part and a Revo Roll Bar forever.

New Era doesn't have poop anymore. Been waiting for that part and a Revo Roll Bar forever.

I think it is only one guy (the way my buddy talks) who runs new era and it sounds like he makes the parts as a side job.

yea Olds97 my buddy hasn't broke a transmission since he put the brace on. I use the Integy aluminum transmission case and have had good luck with it so far.

Didn't realize an alloy trans case was out there. Will have to keep that in mind. I wish RPM would make a rear tower for the jato, but with my roll bar protecting it, it's held up great since I installed that. Looks like poo, but haven't busted a shock tower since and I'm way harder on it now. I busted 5 or 6 (seemed like every weekend I ran it) before making the roll bar.

http://www.hot-racing.com/index.cgi?partnumber=SJT39DG;c=180

Pics are there. You can see the longer brake hub and two disks. I did a hack on mine and run two disks... now the tires lockup whenver I see fit.

I upgraded the little brake arm to alloy, which also gives you more consistent braking by removing the flex of the plastic arm. I replaced the spring on the throttle wire with a bit of fuel tubing as well. Fuel tubing gives more more solid pressure than a spring, but still has some give to it.

What is needed to install that? is it just a simple swap out or a more in depth modifying?

Search ebay. They have a kit ready to bolt on. I discovered that after i modded two hubs to work.

I saw this kit online and look cool. I just never talked to anyone to see if it would work.
The breaks on the jato are a big flaw. I notice that the fuel from the tune pipe sprays right on it.
I got one of the silicon tips and faced it down and replaced the wet disc and made some slits on the pad and work way better but stil not good enough.

Well after reading this I decided to get the Integy Trans case. I had to drill out the brake lever hole. It wasn't deep enough to allow the square notch to center with the hole. Other than that, its all good.

While I had it down, I figured I'd try out that brake kit. I think my dual stocker set up might be better, but we will see.

null_zps71ad325d.jpg

null_zpsa229bddf.jpg

Sad to say Integy was the only brand that made a milled alloy trans case and would be worth getting because how weak the tabs on the case that bolted up the rear shock tower...

As far as off road I ran medium springs with a couple preload clips to keep the ass up and the belly from bottoming out on jumps. The sway bars ran both F&R helped drastically with cornering and keeping it on all 4. Not sure but if I remember you couldnt run sways with the RPM arms but the sacriface was worth it. I ran 2.8 desperados with badlands and was wicked on dirt!! Also did the New Era truggy conversion wing mount and noticed a better leveled rig in mid flight. Also ran the rx pack up mid chassis to keep the weight off the ass and ran a few grams of lead weights in the front to keep the nose down.

The stock gearing is plenty good for the setup and would reccomend a single and two gear tranny conversion just because the 3rd gear rarely got used when I had mine.

The stock gearing is plenty good for the setup and would reccomend a single and two gear tranny conversion just because the 3rd gear rarely got used when I had mine.

What third gear?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2