hel;p engine mount screws

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitroking

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i need help to of my engine mount screws are stripped completely.not even i flat head will help...

what can i do?

If you can't make a slot for a flathead screwdriver with your dremel, your only option is to drill out the head of the screw & hopefully remove the rest with vise grips... Good luck.....

I've had those happen to me before on my onroad. I end up drilling out the head and pulling the engine out and take channel locks/vise grips and grabbing hold of the left over threads to take them out. Good luck.

ok i but i tried to make a slot for a screw driver but i started to cut the chasses

so i guees after school i will try to drill out the screw head and take it out

a left-handed drill bit will normally work. i dotn know if you will be able to find any ut they come in just as many sizes as right handed drills so you hsould be able to get one small enough. just put it in your drill and poke into the head of the screw. use the biggest one you can get in there, it will have the best chance of grabbing.

what the hell r u tsalking about left hand drilss a right hand drills?

a left handed drill will drill a hole by rotating counterclockwise as opposed to a right handed drill that will drill a hole by rotating clockwise. if you need to twist the fastener counterclockwise, then a left handed drill will normally catch in the head and pull the screw back out as it rotates. but like i said they are normally bretty hard to get a hold of but when you can get them they are pretty nice to have around.

well to have one do that u just change the direction of the drill by pressing the button above the trigger

He is talkin about a drill bit. If you had a left handed drill bit then you could put your drill in reverse and the cut of the drill bit since it is the opposite of a regular drill bit would dig into the screw and help unscrew it out. I believe this is what bkunar5356 is talking about. I believe I might be able to score some of these, my father works as a tool grinder at our work and I believe they have some.

yea i know now even be fore u said sumthin

yea gutterboy you have the idea. if you can get those, do it. I'm sure you will need them sooner or later and they are not always so easy to get. so if you can get some or even a small set, go for it.