NB's SCX10 Rubi thread

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got bored this evening and beings i didn't have any magnets, and i found a piece of 1/4" square tubing, thought i would make a light bar. It's not mounted and I've got to paint it yet but i think it turned out alright for my first attempt. It looks to be sitting back farther than it is, it's right next to the windshield.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1400292054415.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1400292054415.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 242
I'll get some pics of how I mounted mine posted in the next couple of days for you.

EDIT: Here are the pics of the chassis and body:

20140517_160416_zps1yezwkn4.jpg

20140517_160342_zpss5mjtd7m.jpg

Last edited:
Finally got it milled today...hope you all like it. This was the fourth one i done. Had to find the right material thickness. Any smaller and i would have to tig it together...lol I guess next will be to utilize Hamz magnet mounting...

dy4ynuzy.jpg

usu6y7en.jpg

Last edited:
Glad you like it buddy :)

I've been thinking about doing one for my Wraith instead of the bed cover I made, it would be a one-piece unit though. If I do one up, I'll let you know.

Looking good bro lets see some accessories in it!

Then I wanted to lift it a bit so i had a buddy make these for me. BG was put it on there by him. (Buzzard & Gator Parts...LOL)

IMG_0180_zps06d825f1.jpg

After the lift, i needed bigger tires so the Wraith donated its set of stockers to the cause...

IMG_0179_zps7ccf5ba9.jpg

How thick are the lift pieces? They look really thin in the picture, but I like the taller stance it gives it.

Between the lift and the wheel widener I'm really digging the looks of that jeep. You can just about mistaken that for a 1:1

LOVE IT! That is one nice rack. Are you and your buddy going to be selling parts anytime?

Thanks Woodie, glad you like it.

The lift plates are made from 1/8" 6061 so they pretty tough.

This rack took awhile to get milled as work been a bit busy. Hope to see it slow down a bit so I can get more stuff done up.

I have a few more things to get drawn up for this rig then back to the Wraith. Once I get alot of the parts like I want them, we may make a few parts to sell.

Been away from this for awhile now, feels like forever.

Decided to drop it back down to stock ride height. Although I did like the lifted look, I grew tired of it. In the process of making the change, I decided to change the layout of the electronics. I wanted the batt pack up front and the RX box in the rear. So whilst at work the other day, I doodled this up. It fits very nicely under the body with no issues that i've found thus far, also makes recharging the packs alot easier. The actual plate looks a bit different than this as I had to relocate the lower mounting holes. How you like the NB logo?

Hope you guys like it, enjoy the pics.

-NB

DSC_0120.JPG
DSC_0122.JPG
DSC_0123.JPG

Nice tire, any pics of the actual carrier?

Working on a set of aluminum rims for it at the shop now. Hope to have those done in the near future but none to certain as to when. Not sure which tires I want to get for it though. The rims are going to be 1.9's but I want a little fatter tire than the stockers but not a set that looks like balloon tires. Any suggestions, pics would be great as well!

-NB

I'm running the ProLine Super Swamper TSL 1.9 on my SCX-10/JK project.

20140808_164104_zpsdcuk6wjx.jpg

20140712_194634_zpsvwnvidx2.jpg

Back