Don't let me make a costly mistake

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woolfe

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I am about to go and buy a hyper ss this weekend (2 days time) and was wondering if anyone has any reason why I should not. Thanks in advance. I trust your judgment and experience guys.

I say go for it. I have never owned a Hyper but I did own a Ofna Ultra years ago. I don't know exactly the difference in the two, they had both when I bought mine and they looked the same to me. I have asked on several forums what the difference in the two was but never got a answer. I really liked the Ultra, it was a great running and really tough buggy. I probably would still own it had I not had a run away and it ended up getting hit by a car on the highway.

I think it's an excellent choice. It's very well made and pretty durable. I don't know very much about the Force engines. I've only had a used one and it was probably worn out. I have an Ofna Hyper 8 Pro running an OS .21 engine and it is just great. I've had the Lx1 and the Ultra LX and I liked them too.

Thanks guys. I'm off to get it tomorrow afternoon. I am itchy as 5 monkeys to start breaking it in.

Be patient with the break in, don't monkey around with it! Lol
The ofna buggys are great btw

I have broken in a vspec, hpi, vertex x 2 and an os. Each time using the traxas method. I have also seen what an impatient break in can do to an engine. Used to think it was a pain but now I quite enjoy it. I will post a pick when I unbox it. My 2nd rtr after my trophy 3.5

A beautiful thing out of the box. They screwed me with the engine. 21 3port instead of the 28.
pyjutybu.jpg
udu2uqyg.jpg

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

Seems to idle very high on break in.

maybe you can open up on the LSN to slow the idle a bit. Real nice buggy. (I'm drooling!) Did your purchase specify a .28 engine? If it did, you could contact them and discuss it. They will probably tell you no now that you have already put fuel through it.

Last edited:
I am happy with the 21 but they did promise the 28. I am in the market for another engine so they are going to sell me a 28 for the price of a 21 plus discount. Will try the lsn. Cheers.

21 engine is enough for a buggy, you will enjoy more time to get refuel again. and the car becomes more controllable.

Mine had a 21 and it was pretty bad. I think the 21 was the biggest motor that Ofna had in their buggies at the time when I bought mine.

Woolfe- if you are planning to race stick to 21 engine. But if for bashing only its your choice to go up to 28 engine but maybe the lifespan of your diff,gear clutch etc... will become shorter.

Was going to stay with the 21 in this buggy. The 28 is for a basher but I never thought about the ware on the running gear. Good call!

It's a top buggy. The only fault I could find with it is that it has very short wheel studs. Already lost a wheel nut. The tank is huge and lasts forever while breaking in. Will be great when I can give it WOT.

It's a top buggy. The only fault I could find with it is that it has very short wheel studs. Already lost a wheel nut. The tank is huge and lasts forever while breaking in. Will be great when I can give it WOT.

Put a small dot of blue thread lock on the thread before you tighten the wheel nuts up. It will help a bunch.

Are those front wheels supposed to have that much toe-out?? Lol

Hows it been running for you?

Are those front wheels supposed to have that much toe-out?? Lol

Hows it been running for you?
Has been running great. I got the 21 engine, sounds different to what I an used to but goes hard. That picture was the buggy straight out of the box. I did the full set up, put the decals on and changed the remote/receiver to my spektrum after taking that picture.

Back