1/10 Traxxas Summit

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMaxxin

SLAP YA MAMA
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have always liked the idea of the Summit but not enough to drop the coin for it, this one sorta fell in my lap while working out a trade for some other things. I took it planning on putting it for sell as soon as I verified that everything work in good condition...Until I drove it! It's not very fast but it gets around ok, it shines in off road conditions and the locking diffs are cool as hell.

Day one

summit_zpsa8fe23a2.jpg

I get 25 minutes of hardcore run time with these, the first 15 minutes was in high gear in grass that is as tall as the truck!

powa_zps349dd0b1.jpg

A little air time

sum1_zps1ca60bdc.jpg

This is a mean mofo!

bad_zpsf4c00bb6.jpg

Last edited:
Sweet man, I too have always been interested in the Summit but couldn't justify the $$.

Well it didn't take long, the motor is done! The sad thing is the brushes are still good, it looks like one of the magnets broke.

Well it didn't take long, the motor is done! The sad thing is the brushes are still good, it looks like one of the magnets broke.
What are the plans? Dewalt, brushless, or stock?

I want brushless but the cost of the esc/motor and upgrading the running gear is more than I want to spend on this truck....I plan on getting bored with it soon LOL. It will get either the Kershaw 700 HO, Dewalt 14.4, or stock, they all seem pretty close in performance. I can get the Dewalt the cheapest but I'll have to massage the motor mount and I have read that they have a high amp draw.

Just completed the heart transplant....IT'S ALIVE!

sumsum_zpsa529725a.jpg

research the water break in

I used to use the water break in but I'm back to taking my time with low voltage and break in oil.

Low gear with the diffs locked is a mofo!

brokenshaft_zps915f4c62.jpg

Just out of curiousity, why oil and not water?

On another note...looks pretty cool but like most people said I've never thought they were cool enough to actually drop the cash for one. I bet locking diffs is awesome though :)

If I wouldn't have got this in a trade I would have never owned one but this was almost a freebie so I had to have it! Any liquid will help shape the brushes to fit the com, I just choose to use a thin oil very similar to cutting oil.....just personal preference

If I wouldn't have got this in a trade I would have never owned one but this was almost a freebie so I had to have it! Any liquid will help shape the brushes to fit the com, I just choose to use a thin oil very similar to cutting oil.....just personal preference
Thats cool, I was just wondering why thats your preference...If I agree with your reasoning I might try it :)

When I bought some of my first Trinity motors thats the break in they recommended, I can't say one way is better than another.

ahhhhhh ok, you just learned it that way... I gotchya! :thumbs-up: I thought maybe you knew something I was missing out on :)

That's a nice shaft snap, when I had my summit I did the rear diff on mine , shattered the spider gears on the rear diff it made a wonderful noise lol

I mounted the Mashers onto the new beadlocks and took it for a test run, it handles a lot better than before! I got 1 1/2 runs on them and the esc died, that's my luck! Now I'm trying to decide if I'm going to go brushless or just sell it before I dump too much money into it.

beasttruck_zpsda70479e.jpg

Oh man, what's going on with it? Did you change your mind on selling it?

Lets just say that humans can be very aggravating and I'm short on patience these days lol

Back