Carbon Fiber - Maxx chassis

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

galinha

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
What is the best chassis for T-maxx.... Is this good ?
------------------------------------------------------------------------

brand new Carbon Fiber Chassis for the Traxxas T-maxx monster truck.Will also fit Sportmax. The stock chassis weighs 6.6 oz. This chassis weighs 4.3 oz and has the trick Carbon Fiber weave showing.That means it will remove 2.3 oz from your truck.Carbon Fiber by nature is very stiff, so in will be almost impossible to break. It has been CNC machined from 1/8" thick CF to ensure a perfect fit and uses all the stock locations for the chassis components

That might be nice for raceing, A lot of racers use the Dace Predator chassis and I theink it is called the Phaze 5 chassis, traxxas and integy also have some nice aluminum chassis's

If it is made correctly it is strong as hell, the problem with this carbon fiber is the comany who makes it doesn't seal the edges, cause all CF is, is a bunch of layers of fiber glued together, and if it is not sealed the layers can become unglued in a hard impact. CF is nice but I would go with a Ti or a Al chassis

is the phase 5 guy back in business??
I know that he had some problems back with a hurricane.
I called him and he said that he is having a hard time getting back up to speed.

i am not sure, Every time I read about the proline maxx chalenge or some other MT race the phaze 5 chassis is usually in the top 10