Bummed on Triton charger

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottm

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I have been a big advocate of the Triton charger, but I am less impressed lately. It often false peaks on nimh, and it also undercharges lipolys. I didn't really notice it until recently. I needed to charge my XS3 tx on the way to the track, and it sucked. So I have been searching around, and it is known all over for undercharging lipolys. Supposedly that was fixed with a software change indicated by a green dot on the bottom, but mine has the green dot. Has anyoine else heard of this issue?

I talked wdavidhicks into one recently. Are you happy with it dubya?

Update,

I think now the problem is a bad output jack. I will let you know.

I've been scarce, huh...

I've got nicads and nimh's. I haven't run the truck since I got the charger but I have cycled all my batteries a few times. It seems to do pretty well from what I can tell.

I've got the green dot on mine.

How come the only menu that asks for number of cells in the pack is the memory menu? I know that menu's there for the convenience of not having to program in the battery specs every time but I would think it would be a regular parameter in the other menus as well?

Scott, when you say on the way to the track, do you mean you were charging it off your cars power either DC or AC with an inverter while the car was cranked? If so, thats why it didn't work right, there is a lot of ground interference when the alrenator of the car is spinning and it will cause the charger to go crazy if not just destroy it. They need a clean 12 to 15 volt signal to function properly and a running car is about as dirty as it can get.

Back