Integy=Horrible Customer Service

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monkey Wrench

My last words will likely be, Crap that didn't wo
Supporter
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I wish to take just a moment to pass along a horrible customer service experience I have had with Integy. Overall, I cannot really complain about their products, but recently I had a shock shaft on an Integy piggyback for me Revo snap about two months after getting them. Wasn't bashing or anything, just running my Revo around in the yard to tune the engine.

To submit a customer service issue to Integy, you have to sign onto a ticket system, like a helpdesk. You submit your issue and wait for a response. Here is the ticket thread from Integy:

itle : Piggyback Shocks for Revo
On 03-12-06, I ran my Revo in my yard merely to check the tune on my engine and just to run it on an atypically mild day here in Ohio. I was not jumping the truck or really 'bashing' with it, but running it around the yard. As I was cleaning the truck off, I noticed that the right, rear shock shaft had severed in two places (see attached photos). I'm curious as to whether I can get a replacement shock and if so, what process is required to obtain one. Thanks! Ellery Savage, Jr.Attachment: Revo-Failed Integy 2.jpg

Staff/User Responses
iwong 20/03/06 11:05 Can you give us more details? ... the picture is showing a part that looks like a foam insert and the picture says Revo / Savage?---------------------------------------

esavage 20/03/06 15:57[ Edit ] Savage is my last name. The picture is of the bottom of the shock. What looks like a foam insert is actually the sheared off shaft still in the bottom shock mount. I will try to send another picture as well, as soon as I figure this site out. Also, will it take eight more days for a response? Just want to get an idea of how long my rig may be down or if I should just buy some different shocks. Thanks!

esavage 23/03/06 03:17[ Edit ] Hey, you guys going to get back to me on this or should I just go buy a different set of shocks? I know it's for a hobby truck, the difference is you guys get paid for it, I don't. I spent close to $100.00 for these shocks to have one fail within a month on nothing more than a hour of run time in my lawn. This is taking way too long, so how about someone getting back to me on this, please.

iwong 26/03/06 13:25 You need replacement parts. Here are the links: http://integy.automated-shops.com/cgi-bin/webc.cgi/st_prod.html?p_prodid=3738&p_catid=73 http://integy.automated-shops.com/cgi-bin/webc.cgi/st_prod.html?p_prodid=3436&p_catid=73 http://integy.automated-shops.com/c...tid=73---------------------------------------

esavage 26/03/06 13:49[ Edit ] Geez, you think? Is this warranty or not? Come on, this is ridiculous! You are treating me like some moron when the absolute opposite is true! This is a waste of my time! You've lost any future business from me simply because of this! I don't care if my LHS is GIVING Integy stuff away. Smart-alec responses like, "you need replacement parts" are uncalled for and out of line.

esavage 26/03/06 13:49[ Edit ] Geez, you think? Is this warranty or not? Come on, this is ridiculous! You are treating me like some moron when the absolute opposite is true! This is a waste of my time! You've lost any future business from me simply because of this! I don't care if my LHS is GIVING Integy stuff away. Smart-alec responses like, "you need replacement parts" are uncalled for and out of line.

So, after receiving their obvious answer that I need replacement parts, I decide to send them an e-mail because no one answers their phone. Here's that thread:

Good Luck and that's not the way to get result you are looking for.

In a message dated 3/27/2006 8:39:55 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, [email protected] writes:
Wow, I cannot begin to understand why you would do this? Seeing as how I am the moderator of one of the largest R/C forums, you're willing to risk your business by being a smart-ass? Good luck, dink!

Ride to live, live to ride

Ellery Savage, Jr.
[email protected]

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, March 27, 2006 1:52 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: Where's the Customer Service?

"Savage" and that's your real name? LOL!

In a message dated 3/26/2006 3:31:00 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, [email protected] writes:
I've submitted an issue via your online ticketing system, and to say I'm less than satisfied with how this has transgressed would be a monumental understatement. I'm attaching a copy of the thread within your ticketing system to illustrate the lack of customer service your company has displayed to date. Given that the market your in isn't exactly a hot growth arena, I would think that customer service would be paramount to your continued success within the market. Clearly I have thought wrong. I am extremely displeased with the responses I have been given regarding my issue and at the moment cannot and will not justify spending any additional money on products from Integy if this is standard procedure.

I offer this only in an attempt to hopefully rectify an obvious issue within the organization. How you choose to use this information is entirely up to you.

Regards,

Ellery Savage, Jr.

Ride to live, live to ride

Ellery Savage, Jr.
[email protected]

I mean, wow! I have never in the 37 years I have walked this earth ever had a company treat me so shabbily! I am utterly dumbfounded that a company would treat a customer this way, no matter what!

I bring this to your attention only to let you know that, should you have an Integy product that ever needs warranty work or replacement done, don't count on it! Clearly, they do not care.

Best of luck!

sp they emailed you back just to ask if that was your real name? thats messed up man. looks like i wont be buying any integy ether..

I thought the same thing. What a bunch of pricks. Ya should send them a link to this thread..lol.. Honestly I havnt heard to many good things about integy shocks so I alwasy stayed away from them, but not that there customer service sucks, I'm REALLY staying away from them.

I second that. I had one of the Indi chargers from years-gone-by. Never had so many problems. Sold it to a guy for $25 and put the money towards a Novak Millenium. Best charger I've ever had :).

After reading the thread; I'll never do business with them. Imagine what they'd do if they saw MY last name (Iiams. Yes, like the pet food company, but two I's). I'd prolly get called 'llama boy'.:llama:

Personally I would have made fun of your first name. What the f#$% kind of a name is Ellery? :jk:

I won't be buying anything from them. I always heard their stuff is crap but never had the chance to try it out for myself. Looks like I never will after they treated you this way.

I bought a set for my MGT.
I did bash the truck thoroughly but never thought I would have the damage that I did being my first day driving on them.
2 bent shafts, 2 snapped shafts and they leaked.......A LOT!!!
I never even got an email returned.
I took them out and replaced them with Powerstrokes and never had a problem.
In short, screw them!

Yes, yes, yes...my name is Ellery Savage and yes, it is different, but think of it this way, no one has ever asked, "Ellery who?". I just couldn't believe it when I got that response! It just floored me!

I did send them a link to this as well, although given their elitist responses I've received so far, I doubt I'll hear back from them.

Screw 'em! I'll just go get some stockers with aluminum caps and go from there. When the ones I received as a Christmas gift for my Savage go, I'll just put the stockers back on as well (might do it sooner, the Integy ones don't rebound for poop and I only have 20 weight shock oil in them!)

It just amazes me how they have responded!

Those responses were way out of line, never buying integy stuff. Sorry to hear that

WTF!?!?! Holy poop man. Their customer service reps must be 12 yrs old!! Y'know, the internet is a wonderfulplace to say things and hide. Imagine what would have happened if they had said that to your face? I would want a copy of the video.

damn thats messed up. i havent heard nothing good about their rc18 hop ups either. they need to get some pointers from other companies on how to handle a situation like this.

Last edited:
Ever notice the name of the company is almost like "integrity", but missing "RIT". Fitting, eh?

Wow, that's bad. I only have two aftermarket parts on my Savage now and one is the Integy mid "skid" plate. Good thing it's just a bent piece of metal otherwise I'd be worried. Looks like that will be the only Integy piece ever on any vehicle I ever own or my brothers or friends for that matter.

I just looked at the member list for this site so even though it's not that accurate let's figure it like this, 4110 members all of which boycott Integy from here on out. Good Job Integy Customer Service!!

Wow mw i am sorry to hear your exeperience with them but i pretty much got the same thing with the shocks i got for my t-maxx i drove it around 1not een 1 full tank no hard bashing and my rear end was squating a little to much so i drove it in and 2 snapped shaftes one snpped piston and everything was stripped to hell so i am going to keep calling these ass*&^% and if they ever answer i give em a chewin for you i mean you spen about 120 on these things and you can't do nothing but put them on for show i am totally ticked at integy i hope they never make another sale again

I gotta say I haven't had any issues w/ their products except the shock towers, but that Customer Service SUCKED.....I'm tearing all the integy stuff off my rigs and replacing it ASAP.....except the RC18..I'll beat on her for a while more.....i'll call it therapy....MW, thanks for bringing this to light.....I hate supporting companies that think their poop don't stink and you should still buy their crap....F.I.F.L.!!! (F-Integy For Life)

Monkey Wrench said:
Yes, yes, yes...my name is Ellery Savage and yes, it is different...

Are you related to that Michael Savage radio talk show host guy?

In all seriousness now - I'm glad I've read this before purchasing shocks for my MGT. I liked the way Integy's shocks looked and thought they'd go good on the new MGT - however after reading about not only their ridiculous customer service but also just of the feedback about their parts from just this thread alone has changed my mind. Thanks guys!

HeartBreak said:
Ever notice the name of the company is almost like "integrity", but missing "RIT". Fitting, eh?

Nice observation!

-Michael

Are you related to that Michael Savage radio talk show host guy?

Absolutely not! And even if I was (or find out later that I am) I still won't claim him!

My Dad likes 'em, so we tend to lock horns over 'ol Mike every now and then.

As a general update, I sent Integy the link to this thread, haven't heard back. I also think the brand new piggbacks I put on my Savage in January tanked on my yesterday. The right, rear shocks are locked down compressed, they won't rebound. Can't see anything broken and I couldn't make this up if I tried! Again, bouncing around in my yard, although I was jumping it off a little home made ramp, and now the right rear end won't come back up! This is unreal, they're coming off today! To hell with this crap!

WOW, man this totaly sux dude.

Those jokers could stand to learn something from RPM. I sent them a broken axle carrier and they never once tried to contact me about it. They simply sent me a new one along with the extra parts I sent with it.

Holy Toledo! As if this situation could get any worse! I mentioned earlier that the right, rear end of my Savage was stuck with the shocks compressed (ie they weren't rebounding). I decide to take a look and clean the truck and when I pull the shocks off, one of them has a shaft so bent it won't rebound! I wish I was making this up, but not only am I now convinced that Integy's customer service is horrendous, but their shocks suck out loud as well!

Here's a picture. The one that's shorter is the compressed one with the bent shaft. I cannot get the shaft to rebound out at all. The other one is for comparison, but I think it may be leaking:

SavagePiggybackShock.jpg

This is getting ridiculous! This company is unbelievable.

Last edited:
OH C'mon man...admit it you were watching the Cyrul video and beating your monkey chest saying "ME JUMP HOUSE TOO>..ME USE SAVAGE!!!! AAAARRRGRHHHH"
then tried it and messed em up...admit you monkey man savagellery....LOL
I'm not a huge fan of their stuff but I've got some parts on various RCs...I think I'm the only guy I know (in person) who's never bent an integy shaft....I see it all the time and would never BUY a set for myself but damn you are having some crappy luck.....maybe they have GPS RXs in them and the self destruct button has been pushed on your integy poop....just another case of big companies shitting on the lil guy....

I'm totally gunshy now. I have a set of MSR4's for my Sav, but haven't bolted them up yet. They look great, but if they're going to suck ass, then I'll save them for the shelf-queen. I'll have to stick with the stockers.