Ups

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xdreamz99

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
BAD UPS!!! i will never use ups to ship again, and i advise everyone to avoid ups also, if your familiar with a hatch to a 91 nissan 240sx, i shipped one without the glass and it was 104.n change and they returned it to me folded in half and dropped numerous time ont the edge for the brake light, rolling over both corners and the whole edge, they totaly disregarded this thing and would not be surprised if they did it to you!!! and they are not even going to refund any of the money i paid to ship it or the automatic 100 insurace it had, so i hope someone will learn from this, and i will never use them again and advise the same to all, i will be using fedex from now on, or usps but NO UPS!!!

i have a question...why in the world is this in the for sale/trade forum?

so if anyone is considering using them they will beware,, duh

This was originally a double post. I have removed the second thread and have moved this to the General Chaos section since it was the shipper you had a problem with and not a seller. Not to mention that you were not selling anthing to begin with.

Man I'm sorry to hear that. If they really did all that damage, you need to call them again. If the person says that they can't help you ask to speak to their supervisor. If the supervisor says he/she can'thelp you ask to speak to their supervisor.
You should at the very least get some sort of refund.
Be persistent and DO NOT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER.

I've never had any problem aswell but if they smashed my 240 hatch I guess I'd be crazy pissed too. On another note....The title of this thres is UPs, yet you have a thumbs down icon beside it. LOL Off subject but still funny.

I've had problems with UPS too. I've only delt with them prolly 3 times but all 3 times they have been a hastle. I've had to drive(well actually had to ask my mom to drive me since I'm only 13) to there place about 30 min away. hope you get a refund of some sort.

savager

I'm interested in the part of the story being left out.
Sure UPS make mistakes like anyone else but for the most part they do a great job.

I know for a fact that if the parts in question were packaged and labeled properly they would have made it to the proper place undamaged. UPS has strict policies on how to package things to "Insure" they get to where they are going.

I can tell you stories about how people pack stuff. The stuff you send is being shipped by truck, processed in most cases 5-10 times in different stations, packed on another truck, processed again, packed on another and so on until it gets to where its going.

If its not packaged to take that kind of abuse don't send it.

On the other hand UPS will deny all clams 4-5 times before they will even consider paying a claim. UPS outsources their claims to a CS center. Inside info tells me they make it difficult and over 85% of all legitimate clams get dropped due to wearing the customer out.

If your claim is legitimate you will need to do the following.

Have the CS rep fax you a claim form while you are holding on the phone.

Make 5 copies and submit one each week.

Work each one like its a separate claim until your paid. If denied on one keep working the others until one is paid or all 5 are denied.

Take lots of photos and submit them with your claims.

Do not throw away the packaging or the part.

HAVE FUN!

We use DHL (Airborne) at work all the time and poop gets lost, stolen and broken a handful of times throughout the year.

FedEx has lost our paychecks TWICE in the past year and have had things deliverred broken through them as well.

UPS, same poop. Broken, lost or stolen goods on numerous occasions.

Bottom line, they are all in the shipping business and poop happens.

Unfortunately, when it comes time to file a claim, NO MATTER the shipper, its so much red tape and so time consuming, it almost makes you question whether or not its even worth fighting for (unless its one of my phone switches or new servers!!!!)

My point is, dont let up on them and dont settle for anything less than them owning up to their insurance!!! If you took it out, they better pay up. Call the state attorney generals office if need be. You paid for the guarentee!!! And they HAVE TO abide by it if you paid for it!!!

And lastly, all of them have their downfalls and when it happens it sucks. Whether it was the 5$ part to get you back up and running or the 5,000 $ part to land a contract. It sucks!! Such is life man, such is life.

We've been using UPS here at our company for a while now. Nothing ever gets lost and we have come to know our regular driver very well. All of our stuff is never damaged. BTW, our company deals with surgical instruments, some more delicate than others, but all are definately delicate.

If I were you, take it up with UPS but also, you should've got the added insurance (if you didn't). They will only assume $100 is the total worth of your package.

I dont like ups either i always use fed-ex. I sent a new helmet to a friend and some how it became all scratched up when he got it and the box was all messed up.....Nick

lol.. i looked at the first couple of words and I'm like bad ups? I'm like why is he complaining he can't jump. lol. but ne ways, i have always had good service with UPS. i would take UPS over Fedex IMHO.:winnar:

later

Well they wont. I dont think that it will happen......Nick

Back