tmaxx 3.3 wont start

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

revomaxx24

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
ok i got a 3.3 maxx not the new one. it has the DC pipe on. i have reset all the nedils and it will not start at all it is geting fule but just wont fire. any help would be grate thanks Ryan.

Check your glow plug. It might be bad.

Take it out and check it in the igniter. If you're using the EZ-start, hold the side of the base against the head. Make sure it glows bright. If not, put a full charge on the starter, or lose the blue wire and get an igniter.

i allred lost the blue wire so it ant that

fuel

make sure your getting fuel in the engine, watch the fuel line while you hold your finger over the exhaust and crank the engine. Fuel will flow to the engine and you'll be good to go. P.S. all you need is Fuel, Spark and air!!!!!!

well its geting fule and the plug is glowing just fine nothing blocking the air intake of it and i got nothing

hmm, when was the last time you drove it? Or is it new?

hmm well I'm stumped. It may be not getting enough fuel. Like you have it way lean...

Does it even sputter while trying to start it?
After trying to start, take out the glow plug and tell us what it looks like.

If it's really hard to start then it's probably getting too much fuel. A rich engine is difficult to start. But remember, this is what this hobby is ALL about!! If at first you don't succeed try try again. It might take awhile but you'll get it.

i had the same problem when i first got mine, flooding it that is, id check that.

ok so the truck jumps foward while trying to start it and if you pick it up off the ground it will start but as soon as you put it down it turns off.

The Clutch Springs Maybe Broke Or The Clutch Is Stuck Open Cheak Your Clutch

yeah, I think cleveland maxx is on to your problem. If your clutch spring is busted, the clutch binds and the engine doesn't have enough torque to just start and keep going. Pull the engine and take off the bell. Could also be a fried bearing in the bell.