The robmob Losi 5ive-T

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robmob

LET’S GO BRANDON!
Staff member
Supporter
Excellence Award
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
5ive008.jpg

Congrats on the new purchase. Now if you leave it in the box and never use it, we can call you rolex2 for having a very nice shelf queen. All in all when are you going to open it?

Gotta love how you seem to be the only member who gets credit for not running your r/c's Ralph.

Nice pic Rob. For the record, the only that I hate about the 5ive-T is the name. What the heck were they thinking?

5ive009.jpg

5ive010.jpg

Wow....I must say I no longer like you Rob...lol. That thing is going to be amazing I bet. Good deal Rob....can't wait to hear how it runs.

5ive011.jpg

---------- Post added at 7:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:28 PM ----------

I simply can't get over how beefy this thing is. This is the first time I have actually got to see one up close and personal and just like I was told, it makes the HPI Baja look like a T-Maxx.

Flash didn't do a good job on these pics. LOL
5ive2002.jpg

5ive2001.jpg

The yellow spring is from the HPI Baja. I'm pretty sure it will fit inside the shock body of the 5ive.
5ive2003.jpg

This was in the box.
5ive2005.jpg

I will put it where it belongs.
5ive2006.jpg

I will be swapping the motor with a DogPile Immortal Child Zenoah 4-Bolt along with adding a few other goodies.
5ive2004.jpg

Spektrum will be removed and a Futaba R614FF will go in its place. All the telemetry stuff will be going with the Spektrum.
5ive2008.jpg

Going with a larger capacity LiFe receiver pack.
5ive2009.jpg

---------- Post added at 7:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:35 PM ----------

LOVE the teaser pics. Ha!

I learned the technique from the best.:thumbup:

Wow only on the first page and put just about every user on here to shame.. this thing is going to such a monster.... i wanna see running vids after all done and finished..

I've seen videos of it running and it does seem alittle slugish compared to the baja sc maybe I'm just not comparing them well. just how i see it atleast. i think that motor upgrade is nice.

I've been into 5th scale for several years now. Nevertheless, I was stunned by the sheer size and weight of this rig. It's well over 30lbs and the stock 26 and can struggles to push it up to speed from the vids I have seen and what I have read. This is why I am putting in a bigger motor from the get go plus it's easier to sell a brand new motor than a used one. I also plan on using a Bartolone pipe for bashing and when a track allows it.

Wow Rob I hate you lol!! How did you get that expensive toy so close to XMAS? Damnit I want a 1/5 SCT.. Looks great & can't wait to see her shred.

Wow, 30 lbs. That's almost as much as Rolex's Savage weighs without the addition of the wax.

Well the shell looks like its really thick.. and it has alot more detail than most fifth scales and more detail= more weight.. i think i would choose the baja sc but this one looks really really nice looking. I wonder how much faster it will be with this motor.

Also how much heavier is this compared to the baja sc ? i plan to later on get a fifth and i like how this one is scale. but i like HPI for their sc as well. and i dont like heavy rc's.

As soon as I receive my 5SC lid and get the 5ive back together, I will be able to do an apples and apples comparison on weight. What nice is that my 5SC has a Team Case cage so both rigs will be weighed with cages.

I dug into into the 5ive today and for the most part, its like working on a 8th scale truggy or buggy. Make it a breeze to work on. I had the engine removed in under 5 minutes. On the Baja, that would be about a 25 minute operation.

Back