Back to bergs...Slowngreen

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowngreen

Robmob is a Californian.
Staff member
Supporter
Excellence Award
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
Time of the year to get going on another comper. The xr10 was great but I got bored with it....

v1 Berg axles
Notched axle for behind the axle servo mount.
37t Blitz motors
dual mamba micros
3s
4pk
7950 hitec
vp slw's v4's
EEM SNG bodiless
Shaved rear axle with DLUX lockouts and mounts.

So far I got the front axle notched, made a servo mount, drilled and tapped it and got my Super 300 axles in along with vp knuckles....

And got the rear axle tubes/mounts assembled...

004-152.jpg

006-100.jpg

OOOOO another build! Hell yeah I can't wait to see this unfold!!

If that XR10 goes up FS I want it lol

Its been gone for a couple weeks lol. Sorry, I post the majority of my stuff for sale on rcc...

Lame, I hate RCC and dont even use them anymore...

Started on my rims today, since v4 slw's arent made to hold vp weights like the Dirty Harry's, I drilled and tapped 4 holes per rim, then drilled a hole into some vp weights...

006-101.jpg

008-74.jpg

Finished product....Yes I know that two say vp and two dont, I thought Id leave them together since they know each other...lol

009-68.jpg

Looking good Lloyd, those weights look familiar, and 2 of them are in backwards, LOL!!!!

NM just saw that you had already noticed , LOL!!! are both wheels that way?

Last edited:
Yep both fronts are that way....And yeah, some of the weights are vp engraved and some are not for some reason.....

Yep both fronts are that way....And yeah, some of the weights are vp engraved and some are not for some reason.....

Very strange, Well I know the ones I sent you were all engraved, but it is only on one side

They didn't always engrave them.

I figured it was a DH2 vs DH1 slug. doesn't make any difference to me.

Didnt work today so I was able to get all my links made and get it all wired and running...

Still need to finish my body panels...

001-1938.jpg

002-195.jpg

004-154.jpg

Not having really tested it I'm gonna start with it as is at 5-7.2 lbs rtr (minus panels)

006-102.jpg

BADASSNESS Lloyd, great job, maybe I missed it, but are those the new generation of berg axles? Anywho looks very cool man.

Thanks. And no their version 1's, but I had the rear one shaved and am using alot of after market stuff as well as did alot of stuff to the front. Version 2's never really took off.

Slapped some panels on and got it out to the rocks today. Other than a few little adjustments on my 4pk at first, it worked great. Still planning on some different shocks...

001-2122.jpg

005-117.jpg

007-84.jpg

010-47.jpg

So far it does just alittle better, but better for sure. Lighter though so that helps top wise. Only like an oz for both esc's compared to over an oz for each one before. Waiting on some 3.5" shocks, like on my xr, just running these 4's limited for now.
Once I get the money I'll be having some work done on the front tubes to run axial c's so I can run lots of caster again, I miss that....

I love the rig pretty cool!!!! does it help out having a different set of tires o the front and back or was that just personal prefrence or what you had laying around???

I have crap loads of tires lol. For what I crawl I've had good luck running setups like this, sedonas upfront and rovers in back, sedona's in front and boss claws in back and the like this Rovers and narrowed claws, which are working pretty good.

Absolutly beautiful rig my friend as usual you dont fail to impress lol, I miss my MOA, hopefully I can get another one down the road from my wraith.. That is if I can keepo a damn scale crawler for more than 3 months...

lol thanks man! I'm not much for keeping scalers either though, I have more fun building them then taking pictures, then moving on to another...BUT I always must have a comper, never without...