Waterproofing

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phins Fan

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Curious how some of you have waterproofed your rigs. I've got my AX10 that has the new Hitek waterproof servo and I would like to take the esc and rx and put them in some type of waterproof containment. I've got a brook right across the street and mountain runoff on the side of my house. Both of which have some nice spots where the rig will get submerged if I allow it. Obviously not going to intentionally do it as I want to save my electronics. While I'm not looking to always drive it underwater I would like to have the option from time to time and not have to worry about the reprocussions.

Most of us don't water proof are electronics on our comp rigs and try to stay clear of getting the electronics wet, scale rigs is a whole different story, I know some guys that have how ever put the ESC and Rx in ballons with some dielectric grease and a zip tie around the opening, they also sale small project boxes at Radio Shack that would work, that is what I will be using on my scale rig. you could use rubber grommets around the holes where the wires are coming out with some of the grease.

here is a link to the boxes
http://www.radioshack.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=project boxes&origkw=project+boxes&sr=1

I actually went last night and bought the 4"x2"x1" box and it turned out that the esc I use was to tall for the cover to be put on. Stopping by another electronics place tonight and maybe even walmart for a smaller "tupperware" type container.

Its an ax10 however I have the high mount for the servo (so you can't see it) and I have it bieng built similar to a scaler. Its just some of the lines I've been running at the brook would be alot more fun if I could go in and out of the water to create more difficult lines to drive on. I would prefer to have a container over a balloon as it just looks neater and more tidy (A little ocd I think :))

Back