what makes a crawler a "comp" crawler

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pugs2300

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
so guys i have had lots of fun out of my Losi MRC and i have decided i want a 1/10 scale i guess it is...i have been looking around on the interwebs and reading on this forum and i have seen people recommend the losi and the axial for a rtr non comp rig...my question is what exactly make a crawler a comp crawler...i do want something i can effectively compete with if i so choose...I'm still pretty new to all this crawler stuff in general...basically i don't want to buy a rig just to find out it wasn't what i wanted or as good/capable as the other people i am competing with...point me in the right direction guys...thanks...

I have heard a few people say a bunch of good things about their axial ax-10, but like every rig you will want to upgrade or change a few parts here and there so you can figure out what works for you.. ( obviously there is rules for comp crawling so I would have those inmind before to many upgrades so you can still compete) Losi is another I have heard alittle bit about.. I am in the same boat I want a comp crawler now that I have used my axial scx10 and my red cat crawler, now I want to get something that will be able to compete aswell.. good luck!!!!

A real comper needs to be MOA, motor on axle, an Axial XR10, Berg, or Bully. Or even a converted to MOA losi. If you are around guys/clubs that still run shafty classes, then a HIGHLY modified ax10 or losi lcc is the only way to go. The losi, would be the fastest to get into comping, it has dig already. Only bad thing about losi's is their high maintenance axles.
But to get a good working comper, you will have to spend a pretty penny. The cheapest MOA route, would be the XR10 kit, which needs all electronics, as well as tires, and if you use it much or hard at all, you will need upgraded bearings and gears, knuckles, c's, and so on.
The most bullet proof out of the box axle is the rc4wd Bully, they are VERY strong. But you will be doing a fully custom build with them, piecing every thing together, which is easy but might not be for you.

thanks tank and green....hey green...i found this...http://store.rc4wd.com/110-Bully-22-Comp-RTR-Crawler_p_9.html...its an rtr bully as you can see...what do you think about it...also what is a dig easy to install...like just plug it in and go...i know the radio would have to be three channel with a three way switch for the dig but i can't tell if the included radio is suitable....thanks very much for the help guys...

Actually the RTR bully's are kinda lame. The axles are the only good parts. Honestly if you are really wanting a comper, which you should lol, you should spend $20 and buy a star on Rccrawler.com so you can view the classifieds. You can get fully built comp rigs there all day long for cheap alot of the times. Id link you to some but you wont be able to see them.

And to answer the dig question. On a MOA, its electronic, so its basically plug n play...Depending on what dig you use that is. Think about getting a star though if you really want a comper.

thats a really good idea!!! I will have to check that out myself....