Rockslide...POS??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pugs2300

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
so i recently got a losi mrc and I'm having a blast with it...I'm now lookin to gettin a 1/10 scale crawler...problem is it has to be on the cheap...i found the redcat rockslide and i have some questions...basically is it worth the purchase...since they can be had well under 200.00 RTR it definatly in the right price range but i don't want to bother with it if its junk...basically just want some opinions...thanks guys..

I haven't heard anything good about them. I'd say wait until you can afford something like an Axial or possibly the Losi Comp Crawler or Night Crawler.

Reference to the rockslide i picked up an exceed maxstone that was$189 and for such a low price i couldnt complain. It can be upgraded to 4ws for less than fifty bucks. I know its heresy to say so but for such little dinero i found out that I really like crawling. Its nowhere near the wraith or anything comparable but for a first to test the water i can't complain at all.

I bought a redcat rsx10 used from someone for pretty cheap. I had to replace the motors and servos as soon as it came in the mail.. I dont know if he just killed it or what before I got it or if they just died on him and thats why he sold.. well anyway after changing everything I have used it a few times on a coupld rock ledges on the coast and it doesn't do to bad but there is really no torque per say to speak of but it does go just about anywhere but is less than half the speed as my scx10 on the rocks... My summit worked better in some places and the summit is a monster!!! Hope this helps.. In my opinion the worst part about redcat is the wait on parts when you need them!!!! I still use her every so often when it is strictly a ledge that I wont try with my scx10 becuase I am affraid of breakin the scx10 so the redcat is my test vehicle now but the kids love it....

well the summit just doesn't do it for me in the crawler department...it does look like an awesome truck though...i know how everyone here likes the word awesome...i want your normal crawler configuration...slow is fine after all it is a crawler...and i have to order all my parts anyhow since i don't have a LHS closer than an hour and a half drive...so those issues aren't issues for me...but looking at it it just doesn't look like a quality rig...i think maybe ill just wait till i can get a losi...i have been very satisfied with my MRC so i expect ill like there larger crawler aswell...but i have been wanting to get an axial product too...hmm...decisions decisions...ill have to think this one over while i save the dough...thanks guys...

It is NOT a quality rig at all. Dont do it. Its a huge POS. The motors are too small for a 1/10 for one. Everything is plastic for two. Its just very very very poorly designed. But the price tag draws new guys in. If you dont wanna spend a bunch, get a used Losi or Axial, which are both shaft driven instead of motor on axle but are excellent rigs for the price, especially the Axial Ax-10. You can find them used rtr for under $200 alot of times.

It is very very worth spending $20 on a star over on Rccrawler.com so you can get right into the for sale section. Theres ALWAYS killer deals on used Ax-10's.

The Summit isn't a true rock crawler. It's more of a trail truck like the SCX-10.