Verdict on RB Concepts CE engine.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

militarymaxx

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Well, I just finished the break in on my RB Concepts engine. It took 9 tanks to do it and with many of them not lasting long as the factory run in settings were extremely rich. I had to really baby the throttle to keep her going. Good punch off the line, great top end and good smoke throughout. All running at about 230 degrees. I know that the CE is an entry level engine, albeit it's an RB engine, good product and all, but still is bottom line. And this thing is still fast, very quick. I can't imagine what a top of the line engine would do !! Someone who has had both bottom end plants as well as top shelf ones give me the scoop. It must be insane, these top of the line engines. Anyways, sorry for the long post. Just happy to have my ride back and looks like the RB was a good choice.

RB makes a great engine.
The top shelf mills are designed for racing only. They arnt like some of the other companies that put the word racing in the name just to sell more units. Most hobbyists that get them regret it. They are designed to give you maximum power. Typically they are very difficult to tune due to the fact that they have a very narrow sweet spot and need an experienced tuner.

Once you get them tuned and going, they have a very short lifespan. They are designed for maximum power not maximum life.

Most people that get them will end up trashing their RC due to the speeds they rocket the RC to.

I had a collari .12 in my t-maxx that was ballistic. It was a big pain in the butt to tune. There seemed to be a 1/8 of a turn "sweet spot" on the high speed. 1/8th of a turn too much and it was lean.. 1/8th turn too little and it was bogging. Once it was tuned though, it was insane. Twisted my stock plastic driveshafts in 2 days of racing. It was actually too fast, made my truck difficult to control on our small track.

I have since gone with an OS .15 CV-X and it seems to be about perfect. Although, I am very tempted to get the fantom .15 a try.. :).

I rest my case.

At least you had the brains to take it out.:bow:

Last edited:
Yes, I would have to agree. Plus.. the collari with that gold head makes a really purdy paper weight.. :).

I have to say, the OS was a much better choice for me and my t-maxx. It holds a tune great. I very rarely have to adjust the carb unless the weather changes from hot to really humid(almost raining).

I have thought about getting a Mugen Stadium truck and putting my collari in there. However, if it was ballistic in my t-maxx, it would be insane in a little stadium truck. I am really not sure what I am going to do with this thing. Perhaps I'll get myself an on road car and toss it in there.. hmmmm.. :)

Take videos when it flips and does 10-12 cartwheels.:D
Its so hard not to use all that power when you have it.

Originally posted by FastEddy
RB makes a great engine.
The top shelf mills are designed for racing only. They arnt like some of the other companies that put the word racing in the name just to sell more units. Most hobbyists that get them regret it. They are designed to give you maximum power. Typically they are very difficult to tune due to the fact that they have a very narrow sweet spot and need an experienced tuner.

Once you get them tuned and going, they have a very short lifespan. They are designed for maximum power not maximum life.

Most people that get them will end up trashing their RC due to the speeds they rocket the RC to.

Sorry have to disagree there Eddy!
This baby rocks and the buggy is made to take it. A lot of us in the U.K. are now using the RB's.
The WS7II I have is insane power ,but very very easy to tune and it holds its tune for ever and a day. It has good power band range and rockets away at full throttle! And its long term use has been proved to be very good by us guys here in the U.K.
nude.jpg

Not been on here with you guys for a while been busy on other things! Got rid of me maxxes,and now only have a Dominator and Hyper buggy for racing.
The mill in the Dom may be of intrest to some of you its a re ported Hyper 8 port thats also been bi turbo'd on the crank! Now that sucker is fast!
Give my regards to chris from New York and Sky if they're still around.
Chaz

Last edited:
I think that Eddy is saying that the RB is good and some OTHER companies that put "Race" on the box are not as good. Its just marketing to get you to buy their product. Although the OTHER mills may be good performers, they dont last and are hard to tune, or just dont keep their tune.

mjime714

yep just read it again ,sorry Eddy missunderstanding there mate !

Don't know what the pricing is like for you guys out there but here in the U.K we can pick up the WS7 MK 1 for less the .15 OS CVRX,bargin! The WS7II weighs in at about £90 more. But its one hell of a motor.

Back