ice rink

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B-Nad

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
backyard ice rink + tmaxx 3.3 = awsome fun
i made a backyard ice rink and took my tmaxx on it
tire chains and spikes work pretty well
anyone else have a maxx on ice yet?

pictures i would like to see the tire chains and spikes?? fabricated or you buy them?

made them on my own

http://misbehavin-rc.com/pit-lane/chains/tire3.jpg

With the water and electronics issues out of the way the next item you need to address is traction. Instead of buying paddle tires I opted to use make snow chains. I went to the local hardware store and ended up with links that were around 1/2" inch long. I believe I paid $8.00 for 20 feet or so. The links are easily bent, so you can open and close them, with a pair of needle nose pliers. The numbers of links you use for each section will vary depending on what type of tire you use. I placed the chains on my old stock tires and wheels since they weren't being used anyway. You may need to remove a link or two after putting the chains on to snug them up. You want the chains to "hug" the tire, loose chains will slip if used in a cold snowy environment. For a two-wheel drive truck I only make chains for the rear tires, as chains on non-powered wheels are rather pointless.

link is bad but thanx man ,might try that sounds like funn

Last edited:
sounds like a load of fun. Need to get a video of it.

ill try to get one early in the morn tomarrow becuase i live in illinios and it is suppose to be 40 tomarrow and i dont know if it will hold the ice still
but ill try!

My friend made his tires for an ice rink near by with zipties. He just zipped in through the spokes and around. Wasted a lot of them, but it worked. Not as good as chains though.

I just played out at the airport the other day in the snow/ice without any chains or spikes and it did alright...my coworker now wants to get one