Hyper 21 8 port

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SavageBeast21

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I am thinking about getting a Hyper 21 8 port for my Savage. Will the pull starter off of my 21BB motor work with it?

SB21

hyper 8-port already comes with a pullstarter

Well I was looking and they sell it it with out it also.

No, the pull-start from the .21BB engine does not fit, It has a different backplate.

you can swap out the savage back plate to the hyper..i did

i'm thinking of doing the same thing, swapping out pullstarts

Originally posted by mquejr
i'm thinking of doing the same thing, swapping out pullstarts

Try it out. Your 21bb isn't going anywhere. Besides, your going to pull off your chassis plates anyway, might as well do it then. You and 007kel will have the same setup then. Ohh you didn't know he picked up a hyper?

Yep I picked up a few goodies the past few days. I ended up taking apart my Savage and managed to straighten the chassis plates (after running it straight into a tree at nearly full throttle). After that I felt I had to hop something up.

So I got a Hyper 21 8 port, Hot Bodies heavy duty clutch, Hot Bodies vented metal brake disc, HPI silver dogbones, and a Novak FM receiver. Man I think I'm getting carried away.

Now all I have to do is break in the motor. Hopefully, I'll finally be able to beat Alan's TMaxx out there at the RB.

Damn I forgot to buy a failsafe...better pullout my checking card again.

:doh:

i need an 8 port. :ball: anyone know who has them for less than $120 or is that about as good of a price as you can find.