more bulletproof stock? RC10GT RTR or Savage .21 RTR?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevel

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey all,

I want a truck that's bulletproof. I want to be able to do some backyard bashing and then get into some racing but most importantly I'd like to do as little as possible as far as mods and just have something that can take a beating. I've looked into going the Savage .21 RTR route and just not interested in having to do the diff mod and the fuel tank. The refurbished RC10GT RTR seems like a killer deal. I was thinking of preordering a Savage .25 RTR that's supposed to come out in Oct. but I don't think i wanna drop that much money yet.

What's your opinions? What mods are needed suspension/chassis wise for both to make them take a pretty good beating? I like jumping it. Seems like everyone just loads up on RPM bits for the the RC10GT. Also, what do you think of the stock engine that comes with the RC10GT?

any info would be great!

TIA,
steve

Last edited:
i have an rc10gt and it holds up good. if you get the rc10gt i would get all the rpm parts made for it.Titanium turnbuckle would be a must . the stock ones bend esay. i would also get a new set of tires for it to. the tires that come with it are hard and dont hook up good. with all that you will have a tuff truck. i have never driven the savage so i dont no about that.

i woldnt get the dirt demon. it looks like the duaratrax thunder quake. the rc10gt is much more racable

i got the t-maxx. they are a good truck, i have had mine for over 3 1/2 years and have bashed the hell out of it. it will take anythign that u can through at it (literally trust me i did it a few times) but overall it is good. it depends tho on what u want, do u want a monster truck or a stadium truck. 2wd or 4wd all of those types of things.

bryan

Back