AE RC10GT RTR vs. Losi XXX-NT RTR

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Banshee

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
alright my other thread got kinda long and you guys finally steered my away from the rustler...so its between the rc10gt rtr and xxx-nt rtr.

Losi- i hear many good things about it. it was car of the year last year i think. it comes with an awesome radio so that is why i am kinda leaning towards it. but i have also heard that some of the parts are kinda flimsy and break easy and i dont wanna be replacing anything any time soon with graphite or whatever because its expensive. i wanna run stock for a while.

AE RC10gt- basically, i would get the rc10gt rtr if it wasn't for the radio. i hear it is a piece of crap. if it wasn't for that i would totally go for the rc10gt. i havent read any reviews on it from people saying it has parts that break and its also much cheaper than the losi. but that damn radio.

so i was wondering if you guys could tell me a little more about these two cars and tell me about the "jaguar" radio on the rc10gt. i know this is one hell of a solid truck under a very respectable company so i would like to know if the radio is really that bad and is something i would need to replace right away or in the near future.

thanks.

Its like oranges and apples some people like either one. Don't get me wrong both are great its just a personal choice. If you go the GT route you can pick out any radio when you get tired of the stock one. Plus the GT has tons of RPM for it.

Steve

I own both the AE-GT and the XXX-NT.
First off nether of them are are RTR but never the less are similar to their little brothers.

2 Different animals.

The AE is a tried and true truck that has been around for a long time. over the years it has gone through several changes to make it near built proof. If take care of it will last a good long time and require little repair if driven properly. There are just as many parts available for them as there are for the T-Maxx.

The XXX-NT is a great truck if racing is in your plans. It is well built and will out preform the AE in every aspect. However, it will require more maintenance and is a bit more fragile than the AE. Aftermarket parts are becoming available from good companies but are not as available as the parts for the AE.

For bashing I would choose the AE, for racing I would choose the XXX-NT

These are one mans thoughts on this subject. :preachin:

-Ed

Personally I would take the AE RC10GT RTR its not hard to get another remote control and when you do just change the crystals around and your off its as simple as that.

Banshee - Eddy said it best, and I can add two more points. These vehicles are so close that as far as value, and drivability - they are dead even. Choose the one u like the most.

As far as the radio - when u start out as a newbie - u will not even be able to tell the difference beween a good radio and a bad one. dont let that affect your desicion. by the time u can use the extra functions a good radio can provide, u will want something better than what even the losi comes with anyway.

I say get the GT - until u have been racing for several years - u will not notice the difference in handling anyway

Allright thanks, I was looking into the same issue and couldn't decide between the 2.

Steve

Back