3.3 transmission & optidrive into a 2.5?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

visioneer_one

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I'm slowly resurrecting my t-maxx. I've done a bunch of upgrades over time... started with an XTM .24 & a stretched chassis, but eventually changed shocks, added CVDs all around, FOC, etc. Had an 1/8-scale CB and spur combo in it for a while, but changed back to the stock stuff after exploding the spur. :confused:

I noticed that the transmission setup on the current trucks looks like an 1/8-scale setup, with the same output yokes as the old trucks... has anyone tried swapping the new transmission into the old truck?

visioneer_one said:
I'm slowly resurrecting my t-maxx. I've done a bunch of upgrades over time... started with an XTM .24 & a stretched chassis, but eventually changed shocks, added CVDs all around, FOC, etc. Had an 1/8-scale CB and spur combo in it for a while, but changed back to the stock stuff after exploding the spur. :confused:

I noticed that the transmission setup on the current trucks looks like an 1/8-scale setup, with the same output yokes as the old trucks... has anyone tried swapping the new transmission into the old truck?

It shouldn't be a problem at all.

bustedgears said:
It shouldn't be a problem at all.

Will I need anything other than the new transmission and the optidrive unit? I'll probably pick up one of the new-style receiver boxes to house it all.

(+ my existing 1/8-scale clutch stuff.)

It looks like it will drop right in, I don't think I have ever heard someone say they want to add the optidrive system lol.

Good Luck

Why would I not want to use the optidrive stuff? I thought it was used to control shifting between first and second gear.

or does it only control forward/reverse?

(pardon my ignorance - its been a year-and-a-half since I've messed with these trucks.)

visioneer_one said:
Why would I not want to use the optidrive stuff? I thought it was used to control shifting between first and second gear.

or does it only control forward/reverse?

(pardon my ignorance - its been a year-and-a-half since I've messed with these trucks.)

It controls shifting from forward to reverse, it's a little better than the old set up but still a PITA IMO.