Will Aftermarket 40 Series Tires Fit On Stock Revo Wheels?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

visioneer_one

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
After seeing my buddy's Revo in action I immediately bought a set of stock Revo wheels & matched Talon tires and installed them onto my T-Maxx. We race on a packed dirt track with a fair amount of gravel, embedded rocks, etc...

We have both managed to shred tires after a couple weeks of running. The problem seems to be that the Talon tires allow too much sidewall flex. When cornering and sliding rocks chip the edges of the rims, then the rims slice up the tires.

I'd like to try a set of Proline 40-series Bow-Ties, as they are supposed to flex less. Will those fit my existing Revo wheels?

visioneer_one,
wondering.

Last edited:
I don't think so. I think the revo rims are similar to the SPortmaxx rims.

Prolines 40 series tires and rims fit the Revo, but handling is comprimised by the offset rims (too wide).

Did a bit of research...

Revo (Gemini) wheels are 2.7" wide; Proline 40-series rims are 3.375" wide.

That's a NO.

visioneer_one,
Disappointed.

Last edited:
What's a no? They do fit but make it handle worse.............plenty of people have run them, I have seen it.

I think that he was a little unclear Blazer. I think he meant to ask " will proline Bowties fit onto Revo Rims?"

EDIT!

Or maybe not after reading his post.
Need a little more clarification

Sorry

Last edited:
edit, guess I mis-read your question, I see now that you want the 40 series tires on Gemini rims, sorry guys for the mis-understanding.

well either way you read the question the answer is YES:

track_1.jpg

Is that your Revo there in action Blazer?

jon2 said:
Is that your Revo there in action Blazer?

Nah, those are BowTie's on Slayden's ride before the Sportraxx tires came out. I myself would just get the Traxxas ones but either will fit. To be honest I like the Traxxas tires but not the rims do to all the chrome flaking off. I would do it reverse of you. I would buy Traxxas SportTraxx and put them on REVO dish wheels from Proline.

Just to clarify - I'd like to try 40-series Bow-Ties on Gemini rims. I'd prefer not to buy new rims.

Are the tires in the picture 40-series Bowties?

visioneer_one,
Cheapskate.

Last edited:
I'm gonna go with Ult on this one, I believe those are standard wall bow-ties, not the 40 series (In the photo of Salydens ride).

Mr T

I will try to send him an email to find out as I would like to know also. With the Revo type rims being bigger thanthe Maxx rims I think the standard Bow-Ties would not fit. To be honest I do not know for 100% sure. I will try to find out.

I appreciate your effort. Let us know what you find.

visioneer_one,
appreciative.

Last edited:
well i'd go standard bowties and velocity rims. very good setup 4 all terrain.

-Ult

The new lightest combo from what I hear are the Sprotraxx tires with some Hurricane rims. I want to try a set of Sportraxx to see if they are comprable to BowTies as the design looks very similar.

Sportraxx tires rock for those psuedo wet clay situations....when it's dry and hardpacked I like reg bowties....when its sticky but not wet I like 40 bowties..
Mulchers are similar to the sportraxxx tires too....all are good depending on the surface conditions....road rage 40s on dry hard days can be fun too....I like the drift style you can get into when the track/field is clear...
MONDAY NIGHT TRACK OPEN.....WOOHOO!!!!!!!
Now I can play 2 nights a week....

I picked up a set of S-Maxx tires and wheels. I'm going to compare these with the stock Revo wheels and tires. I rather suspect that I'll like the new S-Maxx tires on the dirt track and the Revo ones on grass and pavement...

visioneer_one,
poisoning the test results

Back