The robmob Losi 5ive-T

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone checked on Rolex? If he has seen these pics there is no telling the mental stress that has been created.

The stuff I race in is adobe clay. It has hardened to the point it has to be chipped off. LOL

I am going to cover my shocks with Shockwears in order to keep the mud off of them. They will make it easy to shake the mud off between heats and make clean-up a breeze on the shocks.

I am also going to install GFR RockWells onto the roll cage. These should keep a fair amount of mud from getting onto the chassis to keep weight down.

I removed the engine and gas tank yesterday. The clay is over 1/4" thick on over half the chassis. I will have to strip everything off the truck and hose it down to get it off. Sucks since I just did a complete rebuild leading up to this race. At least I don't have to service the diffs or shocks. I just need to chip the clay off of them.

Wow!! That was some impressive racing! Those trucks look so much fun to drive. That is an insaine amount of dirt caked to that truck too. That is one of the reasons that if the track is sprayed down before a heat I ususally will not practice until the track dries out a bit. Sometimes you have no choice though. Around here you have orange clay which can be a real pain to get off without chipping it off. The clay I run is really sandy so it isn't too bad to get off. I try to run shock covers on all my rigs because the sand is so abrasive on the shafts that it seems I end up blowing shock seals every other race. You said that the expert class was running all Mod motors. What is the big difference about the Mod motors compaired to the motor you installed? Thanks for sharing the pics and video! That looked like alot of fun!

My motor is around 3.5hp. The mod motors are over 6.

My motor is around 3.5hp. The mod motors are over 6.

Wow! What would you have to do to your motor to get that kind of horsepower increase? Or are we talking whole new motor?

Also... I was just curious... was Ed racing with you this past weekend?

Ed wasn't able to make it out to race. He did show up for a little bit since he lives 5 minutes from the track.

Since I have a Dogpile Racing Immortal Child motor, I could send it back to him and he will do his porting and polishing magic, add a longer rod and whatever else it needs to be done to turn it into his full mod Wild Child for a fee.

Immortal Child: http://www.dogpileracing.com/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=69

Wild Child: http://www.dogpileracing.com/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=65

From watching the full mod motors on my track, their advantage is in the low end. Track isn't big enough for the top to make much difference.

Last edited:
Awesome!! I love this truck, so big and scale its sweet. Lucky duck.

A few updated pics after my clean-up and re-build from the mud fest.

Added GFR RockWells. I must say that extending the side pieces below the chassis mud guards is pure genius. It lines the mounting holes up perfectly. No more struggling to screw the cage down.
DSC03101.jpg

I was going through Chase chassis guards so fast that I decided to give Full Force a try.
DSC03103.jpg

DSC03102.jpg

Retired what was left of my old body to the trash and painted up another one. So shiny.
DSC03108.jpg

Gotta say, the new lid does look better than the old pieces of plastic you had lol. Looks sweet.

Looks great Rob!! Now do you race all year long or do you race in "seasons"? I know the weather is much more temporate out there in the valley and much more condusive to all year racing. If I was still able to race here in MD we would be in the last month of racing and our summer season would be over. I don't know if I could afford to race all year round! LOL Its got to be hard to keep up with maintainence if you race all year round though. Winter is about the only time I get a chance to really get real maintainence or upgrades done.

Last edited:
Track gets flooded during the rainy season so racing is usually occurs 8 or 9 months out of the year.

Hey Rob,

So how has the racing season been going? Still racing with Fast Ed?

When I can I do. Haven't been out to the track yet this season. Already missed the first 2 races.

When I can I do. Haven't been out to the track yet this season. Already missed the first 2 races.

I know what you mean about being busy. I have a track in the back yard and it seems I can never get out there. Kids keep us pretty busy these days. We are just starting the phase of our kids lives when we are pretty much in the car all weekend! LOL

Tom

Hey Rob,

How was the racing this year?

Season is over and I skipped it. I could not motivate myself to even care.

Season is over and I skipped it. I could not motivate myself to even care.
I remember the good old days when people used to care. They cared about their families, they cared about their animals, and most of all they cared about RC racing.
This is a sad day indeed, Rob. Thanks for bumming us all out. :\

:hehe:

Back