Redcat

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fidge40

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
What do you guys think about the Redcat 1/8 scale Supercrawler. Got a couple of Nitros already for speed, would like something for more technical usage. New to the RC hobby, so thought I would get some advice. Really like that it is a RTC, and has 4 wheel steering.

The redcat crawlers in my opinion are a huge waste of money. They dont perform well. They dont have good hop ups. They are a poor design too. So much better off getting a 1/10 crawler by Axial or losi. Can find them used on forums for a good price all the time.

Most Redcat vehicles are going to be a waste of time and money for the reasons that Lloyd stated.

I can't comment on the build quality of the Redcat, but in general the 1/8th crawler scene doesn't seem too popular. Maybe someone can speak with more experience but that's what I've seen in general.

So, if you went with a redcat or any other 1/8 scale crawler you'd find few people to tool around or compete with.

like slowgreen said, go with a 1/10 scale model, preferrably one that's popular, for parts support, upgrades, and online help and discussion. The axial is a great kit, the losi has come down in price.

Okay I as well frown apon Recat RCs, for one, if there are upgradable parts, they are not a vast selection like the Axial,Losi & Venom, Total garbage in my opinion just for the fact they are cheap and have never really seen a Redcat out-crawl a bigger name like I stated above, personally, I would go Axial, they are built super tuff, the selection of upgradable parts is litterally endless, and are all around one badass crawler/scaler.

I have both a Losi mini Rock Crawler and an Axial SCX-10 scaler. Both are excellent trucks. The Axial is a bone stock kit version. I never really upgraded the kit because it didn't need it. The Losi is has lots of upgrades, because I could. Did it need them? Not really. It was very stout out of the box, but sometimes you can't just help yourself.

Thank you all for the insight. Will look into an Axial, Venom, or Losi.

I was dumb enough to grab a redcat rockslide rs10( mainly I got it cheap so the boy could beat the crapp out of it and I wouldnt feal bad) well my track I made on a hill was way to much for it.. I had to build a rock pile on flat ground so it could be used.. How retarted is that.. I was not inpressed at all.. I am going to replace the motors and either sell it or like i said let the boy have his fun and kill it...

well update I bought new motors for my red cat and now I know why it had no power at all the motors were on there way out.. I got it out on a really sweat rock formation!!! not as bad as I thought considering I had it climbing almost completely vertical!! wil put pics up after I figure out what is going on with photo bucket.

Like stated above they are garbage and using the search feature would save you from asking this question

????? It was more of a statement saying I was surprised in the performance of the redcat... I know I havent used a name brand crawler yet but I am making the best out of what I have.....

????? It was more of a statement saying I was surprised in the performance of the redcat... I know I havent used a name brand crawler yet but I am making the best out of what I have.....

The message I posted wasn't directed toawrds you... Towards the topic starter.

ah ha I guess bad timing l.o.l. redcats do suck. but kinda cheap so if it breaks in half or sumthin your not out as much .l.o.l.

Why does everyone upset about redcat rs10? I think they are great haven't had one problem with mine and its good for the price and heck i think you can build even a better rig than losi and some of those other high dollar rigs?? To each there own i think i have duratrax raze st for half the price that can beat a losi 8 like a redheaded step child for half the price...lol... thats the great thing about rc's you can make anything compete....Terry:D

Lol @ this guy ^^^.. Your about to get a good debate on that one.

Stay stock = Redcat

Whoop some serious ass on the rocks = Axial, then down the line__________ Losi, Venom, RC4WD.... All full blown upgrade options.

:D

I'm not trying to argue with anyone just saying that i've had pretty good luck out of the box and for the money it is what it is ya know? I'm the type of guy that takes the underdog and goes along way with little don't need a high dollar crawler or racer to compete with other people?? just out to have fun and enjoy the hobby with other fellow rc people ya know?

Indeed, whatever makes you happy and keeps the interest burning in the hobby, but most will have their own .02

Sorry i did not mean to rub off as mean or argumenative. No pun intended

Hpi-killer no biggie like you said its all about the hobby the more we can get kids and adults into the better for the hobby...lol I love the hobby my wife not so much since i have a garage full of planes and rc cars and trucks.... thats a whole another story.....lol

The story isn't probably any different more rc's than you need...lol a garage full of rc cars and trucks and airplanes in the rafters and in dinning room full of rc's since i'm 6 weeks post op from back surgery, so i can't go into the garage due to steps so i have my office in my dinning room and that makes her real happy..lol.. but its my drug of choice and don't drink or smoke do chew and no drugs and no going to bar or anything unless you consider online hobby shopping ...

Back