Using the stock body mounts with a Savage RC Solutions cage

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarthRacer

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I did not like using the mounting tabs provided on the RC Solutions cage because I do not feel they provide enough support for the body, especially in the back.

I was able to use the stock Savage body mounts simply by cutting out a little of the front body mount as you can see here.

Savage_RCS_Cage_BdyMntMod_6.jpg

You can see in this pic that removing the portions from the mount allows it to sit low enough so that it allows you to secure the body mount with the body clips in the lowest holes, while still being high enough to clear the cage mounting tabs.

Savage_RCS_Cage_BdyMntMod_2.jpg

In the rear, you simply need to have the body mount installed before attaching the cage. I adjusted the mount so that it touches the bottom of the cage rail. I added Traxxas body washers to add a little extra support in the back were it is needed the most.

Savage_RCS_Cage_BdyMntMod_3.jpg

Here are some pics to show how the body looks on the mounts.

Savage_RCS_Cage_BdyMntMod_4.jpg

Savage_RCS_Cage_BdyMntMod_5.jpg

So that is it. This little trick allows you to use the stock body mount locations on the body and to add support in the rear of the body where it is much needed. As a note you will need and should still use the side mounts on the cage for the extra support they provide.

Thanks for Reading!!

Cool idea! This is perfect timing as I was working on my cage last night but didn't have time to finish.

A couple of questions. Are you still using the the cage roof body mounts? And what are the side mounts you refer to?

Thanks--

I am not using the top cage mounts anymore. The body sits just a little higher than those mounts.
There is a body mounting tab on each side of the cage on the rear most cage rail, at least on my cage there is. If you look at my last pic you can see it in the lower left.

Right on, that clears it up for me. Thanks a ton--

Back