Whats new with the forum upgrade....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
First and foremost - at this time the forum is not 100% complete. The forum has been down now for more then 3 hours which is longer then I wanted for it to be, so I'm re-opening it and working around you guys. If you see a problem please let me know in this thread!

If you are having problems logging into the forum, viewing the forum or any other kinds of problems related to the forum. Please delete all internet temp and cookie files.

Forum Upgrade News

In the new forum upgrade a lot of code changes, bug fixes and a few new features have been added to the site. Some of these changes allow you to use the quick reply box without reloading the page over. Try it - go to a thread post a message in the quick reply box and notice your reply is added instantly, no page reloading needed.

For Internet Explorer users, if you have an IE add-on called IESpell installed on your computer you'll also notice that the quick reply box and the standard reply box has a button added which will quickly spell check your post. **This button will only show if you have IESpell installed**

Skype has also been added to members profiles list of messaging services. Skype is not only an all in one chat program (handles AIM, Yahoo, and MSN) is also allows you to have voice chats and make internet phone calls with other Skype members for FREE. So if you have a Skype account then please add your screen name to your profile!

Speaking of user profiles - the RCNT member profiles page has been greatly improved. Now allowing you to post much more info about yourself such as your real name, email addresses, business name, sex, about me, you can also list R/C's that you currently own as well as post a picture of yourself (if you're that brave ;) ) another REALLY neat feature of the member profile page is the abiltiy to add your location (city, state) to your profile. The difference between now and the old way is that when others view your profile they can click on either the City or State in your profile and a new page will load that will show you all the members that have the same city or state as that member. This makes it much easier to find other members near you...Can we say R/C Bashes!?!

Please, please, please take 2mins to check out "My RCNT" and update your profile as much as possible. The updated profile page benefits both you and the member looking at your profile.

Advanced PM Options - In the past members have complained about PM's automatically saving in their sent box, or not auto saving. Now you have three new options in your control panel:

- Ability to set "Request Receipt" on or off by default.
- Ability to set "Save PM" on or off by default.
- Ability to set "Delete Original PM" on or off by default.

So now it's up to you weather you - just one more way to customize the forum to YOUR needs.

Supporting Member Changes

Both "Get your Avatar and Custom title" and the "Get your Avatar" memberships will no longer be offered to members. Those members who already have a subscription to these memberships will continue to have membership access until cancelled.

What this means is if you want a custom title or avatar then you'll have to become a Supporting Member, which is currently offered in monthly and yearly subscriptions. Below you'll find all the other benefits of becoming a Supporting Member besides the ability to have an avatar or custom title.

Supporting Members Benefits

By becoming a Supporting Member not only will you be helping support one of the largest privately owned and non-biased R/C forums on the net today as well as ensure we'll be here tomorrow - you'll also get these extra perks over registered members:
  • Granted access to a special “Supporting Members” only forum for discussions about the board or life in general.
  • Granted access to a private "Supporting Members" only For Sale/Trade forum as well.
  • Increased PM box storage, to 175 messages maximum (all folders combined), and you'll have the ability to PM up to 10 members at once. You will also be able to use PM message receipts and tracking.
  • Your member name will appear in green in all of your posts, and in the "Who's Online" listing (just like how staff are blue and admins orange).
  • Photo gallery storage will increase from 2MB to 15MB.
  • Your posts will include a "Golden Member" image tag.
  • Custom user titles.
  • Ability to add signatures to your posts.
  • Ability to join special Supporting Members only give aways and contests.
  • FULL access to the Arcade. See more info below
  • Ability to change forum styles, including the long wanted for RCNT Dark style - as well as many other forum styles to pick from as well. See more info below
All of these features are provided for just $5.00 per month or $50.00 per year, this is truly a great value for you and a great way to help support the forum. To get started signup at https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/subscriptions.php

RCNT Arcade

A brand new and fun addition to the RCNT site is the Arcade. This was a feature that was asked for by many of the Supporting Members - the arcade currently allows you to play many different kinds of games right here on RCNT from puzzles, sports, shooters, action, and even retro games (like pac-man). The arcade also allows you to challenge other members to see who can do better then the other. In the future the arcade is planned to have the ability to play multiplayer games with each other. Games such as Tank and so on. The arcade is a Supporting Members only feature.

Forum Styles

FOUR new styles have been added to RCNT. These styles allow you to change the look and feel of RCNT to better suite your liking. Instead of me going on and on I'll let the below screen shots say the rest:

SCREENSHOT TO FOLLOW!!!!

These forum styles are also only available to Supporting Members.

Updates:

Postbit style switcher now working. In "My RCNT" under options you can now change the way your postbit (what you see now) looks like. By that you can either make it so the members info is shown at the left or top of each post. This can be changed by ALL members!
(Jan 8th @ 11:50am)

Location in posts - Both City and State are shown in all forum styles and all postbit styles.
(Jan 8th @ 12:09pm)

Google and Yahoo Ads - As annoying as they may or may not be to some of you, they help pay the bills around here just like any other advertiser here and thus is very important in keeping this site around. At any point they have now been added in all threads. They are randomly placed once through a thread per page and will randomly display either google or yahoo at one time.
(Jan 8th @ 1:14pm)

Online/Offline Status - The online/offline status for users using the RCNT Dark style has been added.
(Jan 8th @ 2:54pm)

Trader Feedback - The trader feeback system has been upgraded now. A link to each members feedback is located in their profile page and in each of their posts when you view their posts in a for sale/trade forum.
(Jan 8th @4:39pm)

wow, i went to check and WOAH! i was like awesome. And then I saw there was an arcade. will update profile. great job!
-Pat

Hey Woodie i like what i see already this is just to cool its like christmas all over again, thanks man.

Ahw the dark side Is back YES!

I like it I like it alot
Woodie your the man

I really dig the new look guys...

Everything seems to be operational for me, Sept up top where the ads used to be is gone- It might be my new ad block stuff tho.

Keep it up, site looks great.

wow. this is crazy. i like it. i went to the arcade and triied to play a game but it said i dont have the privilage or something like that. do i need a certain amount of post or something?

dannyd said:
wow. this is crazy. i like it. i went to the arcade and triied to play a game but it said i dont have the privilage or something like that. do i need a certain amount of post or something?

The arcade is for Contributing members only.
If you donate to the site you will have the Arcade and a bunch more......

Is there a way to inlarge the font..It real small and hard to read

ZANDOR,

What style are you using and what font are you needing changed?

-Michael

where are you trying to go. if you want to back to where all the topics are click on the car and truck in the corner.

Hey Woodie is there a way you can implement an online indication in our posts, on the Lincoln forum i frequent there is a shaded dot in the corner indicating if your online or not, shaded grey your offline and a green dot for you being logged on, just curious.

Itsme

WoodiE said:
ZANDOR,

What style are you using and what font are you needing changed?

-Michael
I was useing the dark side.But had to switch to blue...
Every post I read the Font size is like at 1..
Very hard to read...Almost inposable in the dark side

itsme1,

What ads are not showing up? You should see the yahoo/google ads in the forum front page along with the top header ad on each page. The footer ads will be added soon and yahoo/google ads will be added to the posts soon.

Online and Offline - Look next to your username in this post. You'll see (online) in green if you're online and (offline) in a dark gray if you're offline.

-Michael

itsme1 said:
Hey Woodie is there a way you can implement an online indication in our posts, on the Lincoln forum i frequent there is a shaded dot in the corner indicating if your online or not, shaded grey your offline and a green dot for you being logged on, just curious.

Itsme

Dude are you smoken crack again???It says your online right beside your name...:loser:

ZANDOR - I'm checking out the dark now.

-Michael

Hey Woodie i li.ke that font size a little easier on the old eyes thanks man

itsme1 said:
Hey Woodie i li.ke that font size a little easier on the old eyes thanks man

Huh Its so small I can hardley read it..

Back