looking to get into 1/8 buggy racing recommendations for a buggy?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RustlerDood

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I would be new the sport of Buggy racing and the 1/8 scale class. I have been racing electric (Assoc. B4 & T4) and nitro (RC10GT currently for sale on ebay as I am going to purchase the AD2 NT) so I have worked on quite a few cars. I also love to race.

So basically I am looking for recommendations for a good all around buggy to be used for racing only...no back yard bashing. I am actually looking for a good used buggy if anyone wants to sell theirs I am in the market. So pls let me know what buggies are good and what engine I should look for...I hear good things about the Hyper 8 port and for the money it looks like a good deal....thanks in advance!

I would be new to the sport of Buggy racing and the 1/8 scale class. I have been racing electric (Assoc. B4 & T4) and nitro (RC10GT currently for sale on ebay as I am going to purchase the AD2 NT) so I have worked on quite a few cars. I also love to race.

So basically I am looking for recommendations for a good all around buggy to be used for racing only...no back yard bashing. I am actually looking for a good used buggy if anyone wants to sell theirs I am in the market. So pls let me know what buggies are good and what engine I should look for...I hear good things about the Hyper 8 port and for the money it looks like a good deal....thanks in advance!

pretty much almost any buggy kit u hear about around here you will be happy with. jammin, mp777, mbx5, xb8,ect. make sure u get good eletronics on there that iwll save for a lot of headaches

Get an Xray XB8. it is my one and only recommendation

How much are you looking to spend?
Do you have a radio and servos already?

There is also the Hyper 7 range of cars...they are more keen on racing than hard bashing though but a good all around car...Also you'll find loads on eBay.

I drive a Bergonzoni and H7 but my favorite one is the Search button :thumbup:

I have an idea lets not post any new threads because we have the Search button!!!!!!!!

I think that a great buggy for the money would be the Kyosho Inferno MP777. Its only 400$ ish where as the Special 1 is like 700$. Also you should answer Eddy's questions, they are important ones for us to help you out better.

I would recamend the Mugen MBX5. It is a great racing buggy.

It is a little obnoxious to always tell people to use the search button. Not everyone is a frequent flier on this board.

It aint got nothing to do bout being a mod or obnoxious. Hell it aint even got nothing to do with the search button. Scroll down and you will see numerous threads on "which buggy".

But its all good Like kyosho138 said there is no sorry buggy out. It all depends on how much money you want to spend it if you want to run the samething as the rest of the people at your track.

Teamplayers, there was a thread a few months back that siad not to be rude and flat out tell people to use the search feature. It also said instead of taking matters into your own hands hit the "Report Post" feature and this will bring it to the mods attention and if they see fit they will take action on it.

There is nothing wrong with asking "Which buggy should I get" or "Whats the best servo" etc. Seeing that your name is not in blue you do not have the power to tell people to go and use the search feature. Post your insight then say why don't you try searching for a particular buggy or somthing along those lines. We do not want to scare people from here. This is a laid back forum and that is why things like that slide by.

one thing that is VERY important when looking for a chasis is to check out your LHS and see what parts they carry most, and what products they suppport, I think that is important. If you shop online then its up to you.

hyper7 which many shops carry OFNA stuff. any perhaps u have a few shops within driving distance. or perhaps there's a shop at ur local track. look into it.

-Ult

TeamPlayers said:
:LoL: OK :thumbup:

I'm glad you find it amusing, but its only the truth. I think you should step back and realize that you are the only one being blunt and saying use the search.

I currently have 2 Airtronics 94358Z ERG-VB Hi-Speed/Hi-Torque 200 oz/in
and one Airtronics 94357Z ERG-VR Hi-Speed/Hi-Torque 125 oz/in

I also have some hitec coreless servos for my on-road car. I also have two Air 9402 which I guess I could use for throttle....are these servos I have good enough????

Back