Hyper 21 8 Port Race Engine

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Savage Beast

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I found the Hyper 21 8 Port Race engine with pull start for $165. I didn't even think this engine existed until I saw it with my own eyes. 2.7 HP (slightly higher than the standard 2.5) with an oversized head for greater cooling.:OMG: It also has a more heavy duty SG crank than the standard 8 Port. The easiest way to tell the difference between the standard and the race is the race engine has a black crankcase. I should have mine in a few days. I'll let you know how it performs.
hyper_race_ps1.jpg

Last edited:
Yeh, I had seen the engine on the OFNA web site a while back, but couldnt find a place that sold it. Wish I could have found it before I bought the regular 21 8port.

Direct fit for the Savage? If so, this will be the one I order.

Yes, it fits the same. Physically they are the same engine. The only difference is the HD crank, the anodized black crankcase, the upgraded head, and the power. If the standard 8 Port makes the Savage run like it does....imagine the possibilities! Even though the MFG sells this with a pull start, I found out from them that you can use the pull start from the standard 8 port to convert a non-pull race engine over. The non-pull engine is a little cheaper, so if you already have an 8 Port, buy the non-pull engine and switch it over. Here is the link in case anybody wants to check it out for themselves. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=34062&item=3126948801

email the guy on ebay directly.. he will sell for less if not posted on ebay even.. like 165 shipped to your door...

Back