Roll Cage Question...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dhyde79

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
for something that's not going to be beat too hard (don't plan on much over some little 2' ramps for a bit) what's a good roll cage to go with?

my local shop made the comment that any of the roll cages typically raise the CG and therefore you're more likely to NEED the roll cage because of it. I don't know whether it was just an opinion of the guys I talked to or if that's more likely than not the case, but, either way, I'm looking for a decent cage that's not too expensive and very solid. The first one I've really liked was the RC Ravens Stainless Steel Roll Cage mainly because it's not aluminum, and I can't see it being quite as prone to bending.

any good suggestions? (oh, it's going on a savage 25 by the way)

Rc solution rollcages is the way to go...

Hi!!! i recommend rc solution rollcage, cuz the rc raven cage that i bought, only took a couple of bad landing and the cage bent to go break one fuel tank post, and the cage is all crooked now. BUT ONCE AGAIN!!!, to each are own. Thats my :2cents:

Last edited:
Not sure if New Era makes one for that rig but if they do man they're the way to go, simple and strong. Steel works

new era does indeed, I like theirs but, in the same turn, I'd like something with a bit more coverage theirs is very similar to the stock one of the Sav-X

The RC raven one does bend pretty easy. But you can bend it back and it's easy on-easy off. New era does make a full cage as well, but it's pretty pricey ($150): http://www.neweramodels.com/item.cgi?session_id=&part_id=1656

Looks tough though. Just on how it's built. It at least won't bend as easy as the RC raven one where the windshield meets the hood. That's where mine bent almost every time out. I'd bend it back each time though.

Eventually I went without and made a roll bar that went from the stock roll bar over the engine down behind the rear shocks. Looked like crap, but served the purpose. Then I only ran a half body...

I tried the RCS cage as well. Mangled the thing after a few nasty accidents. Even when running a full body. It doesn't handle side or rear impacts well at all. Only impacts directly on the roof. I mean, it did it's job, but it got mangled pretty bad in the process. Then when I tried to bend it back, it split/cracked. At least with the steel cage, you can bend it back a few times before it breaks in half on you.

I'm not trying to bad mouth rc raven cages but i love my rc solution one alot better, more solid. And it hold with 8 screws instead of 4...plus it looks alot meanner. Anyway guess i need more experience on how to land properly. Sorry if anybody was insulted!!! didnt mean to...:sorry:

no harm, no foul man, better to know that you had one break and puncture your tank, it may have been a nasty landing you had, or, you may have gotten a crappy one and it broke easy, but, nonetheless, I don't want a cage that's gonna break like that.

I have a Raven cage. The brackets for the Savage X in one word *SUCK*. They are rather pointless really. I had to Highly modify them just to get the cage to work. A couple of firm landings and it is all fricking crooked. Re-adjust everything and all good sorta. My cage is good fairly well built.....but brackets... BAD. Way bad. However I am not spending $100 for a cage. So that is the way it goes.

I had the T-Maxx version of this cage and it was absolutely indestructible

[url]http://www.vgracing.com/vgracing_estore/product_info.php?products_id=30[/url]

Back