East End Machining Body Mount Kit

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NCNitro

Fist of Goodness
In Memoriam
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
A While ago I went by EEM to see Joe and pick up one of his new body mounting kits, I finally got around to installing it.

EEMBodyMount2.jpg

They are made from cnc machined aluminum, black annodized, and came with everything needed to install them on your AX10. Two mounts, and the velcro for the body side and mount side. And as usual the machining quality was top notch.

EEMBodyMount4.jpg

EEMBodyMount6.jpg

Installation was simple, cut the velcro, attach one side to the mount and the other side to the inside of the body.

EEMBodyMount3.jpg

I did need to trim down the stock mounts so that the body would not flare out at the bottom, but in stock length you could mount an 1/8 scale body like the HPI Jeep Rubicon, or Bronco, or just about any body for that matter, for that semi scale look.

eembodykit.jpg

Next I just screwed the stock posts back to the chassis slid the EEM mount over the end of the posts, and inserted the stock body clip through the mount and post.

EEMBodyMount8.jpg

EEMBodyMount1.jpg

Although I have not had a chance to get it out on the rocks yet, I was surprised how well it held the body on. The adhesive on the velcro stuck extremely well to both the mount and the body. I was able to hold the truck from the body and shake it, and the mounting kit held with no issues at all.

I like how the posts no longer stick through the body to get hung up on the rocks. I'll be sure to update the thread once I get to give them a real good testing.

You can pick one up from Joe at EEM

http://www.eastendmachining.com/eemvebomosyf.html

i like how they hide all the body mounts and make it look nice and clean...i wounder if that would work on a MT

arent they bad ass?!?! i loved mine, almost work too good lol...

yeah dude i rolled mine HARD many times and never ever ever once had the body move. very nice product from Joe!

Hell yeah these body mounts kick A$$!!!! I have take3n some pretty good tumbles my self and never had the body come off, some time when I want to get the body of it doesn't want to let go, LOL!!! Joe now sales some short delrin posts that could be used so you don't have to cut your body posts down, I actually slid the mount all the way on as far as they would go and drilled a new hole for the body pin and cut off the excess so I could keep the body nice and tight to the crawler...

Hell yeah these body mounts kick A$$!!!! I have take3n some pretty good tumbles my self and never had the body come off, some time when I want to get the body of it doesn't want to let go, LOL!!! Joe now sales some short delrin posts that could be used so you don't have to cut your body posts down, I actually slid the mount all the way on as far as they would go and drilled a new hole for the body pin and cut off the excess so I could keep the body nice and tight to the crawler...

yeah i used the delrin posts, very very nice...

Thanks for the reminder.

Ordered a set today for my new build.

Back