Help identifiying this car

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

II SMURFYY II

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi There I recently got given a nitro rc car my friend had sat in his bedroom
he doesn't know the make or anything like that and is unsure if it runs, what I want to do is know what car it is if you guys can help and possibly direct me to a website where I can get good aluminium parts for the strength and to lighten the weight. I will add pics when I get home thank you.

If you post some pics of it up here we can probably help identify it.

20140721_204353 (2).jpg sorry it took so long this is a pic of my car I have hope you guys can help thanks

I did some searching and I am not 100% but i believe its an older HSP/himoto/redcat type RC. Almost all the parts are identical to this

860610d1326299088-nitro-road-image17883.jpg

and the two pictured there are the hpi rs4, and hsp pacesetter. hsp on left

Thank you also the car on the right with all the purple on where can I buy things like that for this one

honestly these cars aren't made to be durable. They were on the lower end of the hobby rc scale. Many people consider them to be a like a toy. Upgrading them is not a viable option because to put it quite bluntly, they aren't built well. It is actually cheaper to save up your money until this one breaks completely, and then buy an entry level RC with decent aftermarket hop-ups, and OEM part support.

ahh right okay, just for the purpose of the prices and stuff like that what would the best site be to get parts from

---------- Post added at 5:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 5:07 AM ----------

Iv just been advised by my friends dad that he believes its an acme cyclone as he has one very similar also may I ask how did you add your picture like that so its so big

Thanks

acme cyclone is on the money.. I found parts listed Here

I would repair simple things to keep it running... but the moment it needs something major I would try to upgrade.

Its a good little car for your first. Just learn how to tune.

For the image its large because i didn't put it here.. i linked it from another site.

okay thank you very much for your help shall hopefully let you know when its running :)

could anyone give me a tip on how to lower the ride of the car as its currently pretty high off the ground.

Need to adjust your shocks to different holes in the shock mounts or softer springs will help to

may I ask how did you add your picture like that so its so big.

Thanks

You need a photobucket, flickr, or other hosting site to upload your pictures to.
Once uploaded, you copy and paste the
b] code in your post and your picture shows up.