Revo won't idle

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skinny352

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
So I took my revo out the other day was running pretty good then it shut off mid run let it cool and it fired back up but wouldn't idle but would run as long as I was giving it a little throttle glo plug or fuel problem I tried back to factory settings and it did the same thing

Did you try adjusting the idle? Or by chance maybe the throttle trim, if it has one, got bumped to favor the brake side?

Yea I'm at 1mm on idle gap

change the plug sounds to me like the plug is failing.

Yea I'm at 1mm on idle gap

Couple things come to mind.

Have you checked the gap while the engine is running at idle? It is possible that the servo can pull the gap closed more than you adjust it for while shut off. This is what I was referring to with the throttle trim setting. Or could be something mechanical in the linkages doing the same. Sometimes that setting can change from not running to running position.

Other thing is that the 1mm gap is just a starting point and not a golden rule. Generally you wont have any idle below 1 mm on most nitro rc's. But nothing saying that It can't be tweaked a bit more open to adjust it as needed. Obviously you don't want to create a runaway problem. But when I have idle stall issues, I just open up slightly to correct it after I've ruled out mechanical changes causing the problem. On a stand with all 4 tires free, they may turn on there own as you always may have some slight engagement. But on the ground, As long as the clutch isn't engaging so that the rig can take off on its own than you should be good to go.

I'll try that when I get home today I'll change the plug and play with the idle a little

Well checked and triple checked everything changed the plug reset to factory again and no luck looks like the ole3.3 is going to the scrap pile lrp 32? Or picco28

Hey dude don't scrap that yet. You may have burned the clutch shoe or part of the cutch for the car. I have an HPI RS4 and I got some I put from a friend who owns two nitro and a gas RC and that's what I did for it. A new clutch system is anywhere from like $30-$60.

Well I figured out my problem the clutch and fly wheel where basicly glued together lmao 9.99 and shell be all better