Maine Are there any tracks in Maine?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RColdschoolrc

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I'm Rob, I'm new to the nitro scene and I have an HPI Savage 25 w/a Dynamite Mach 28.
I need a big open space to run it and a track would be ideal!
I'm wondering if there are any tracks near the Bath, Maine area?
Our LHS (Ray & Robin's Hobby in West Falmouth) is about 40 miles away and they have an indoor track for electrics, but I don't know of any outdoor or nitro tracks in my area.

Hoping someone here has some info they could share?

Thanks!!

First that comes to mind is Maximus RC in York. Kind of a haul from Bath though.

GLT RC sports center in Oakland

Breakneck RC in Livermore Falls

That's all I know, maybe more around.

I,feel yah on the ttacks being far also in maine

Yeah there are quite a few around, most are hosted by a store e.g. Ray & Robins has an in door track, and there is another I cannot remember the name now, Naples I want to say, or Saco maybe, that has an outdoor track and will charge 5$ for the day.

There is www.mainerc.com, is a little forum that hosts information on that stuff. It is usually really quiet until racing seasons, then the racers flood in. I wrote to them recently to see what the deal was and they said everyone was racing 1/10 scale or smaller, and almost everything was electric. He (sadly) reported to me that nitro monster trucks had been dying off as far as races and events.

So I tried getting the Ossippee Valley Fair Grounds to consider R/C events of all kinds, trying to get them to accept and promote things like monster truck pulls, off road climbs and unusual things like that, I also mentioned the near by fields of South Hiram El. School for planes and helis. I dunno if it will go through or not though, may need some more support for them to consider it.

That MaineRC forum has a tracks / bashes section that does get some visitors in the right season. I always meant to visit one but most of them have been a travel for me...

I got it! Evolution Hobbies! They are in Casco, they have an outdoor track and do weekend races in the summer. But you can go when there are no races during shop hours for 5$ a day and run the track. That is only 1 hour from Bath... : D

Are there any tracks in Maine?
Mostly Moose tracks, from what I've heard.

Rolex, you can't join this club unless you can build a snowman... ;)
maxresdefault.jpg

Wow. Thats the best snow butt I have ever seen! :thumbs-up:

Back